"I don't care whether he live or die!" Payal said harshly.

"Payal...he was your husband" Aman said softly.

"He WAS my husband Aman....he is not anymore! He is just a stranger to me..." Payal said angrily.

"Payal....don't be harsh..." Aman said softly, "He is unwell. He is gonna die....it's liver cirrhosis and he is in last stage. Plus that he is guilty for what he did. Please forgive him! Let him live his rest of days peacefully!"

"I can never forgive that man...and you know that!" Payal shouted. Aman sighed and said, "He is unwell...."

"That doesn't mean I should forget what he said and what he did! He is gonna die....good for him! Let him die in guilt. That's the punishment for him." She shouted.

"How can you say like that?" Aman asked shocked.

"Why are you so bothered about him? Aman let me warn you....stay away from him! He is not what you see..."

It was then Adi came in.

"Papa....mamma is right!" He said and turned to Payal, "I heard your talks....mamma you're right! Let him die...that's the best punishment for his sins!"

"Adi....he is your father!" Aman said sternly.

"YOU'RE MY FATHER NOT THAT SPINELESS MAN!" Adi shouted.

Aman sighed and said, "He is repenting for his sins. I think we should forgive him!"

Adi sighed and said, "You're so good papa. But I'm sorry. I cannot be like you! I'm selfish! That person hurted my mamma, my maasi, Arnav chachu and many others. He hurt me! I cannot forgive him!"

"Nor can I! Whatever it is, I can never forget his words and his sins!" Payal said and walked away with Adi following her.

.

.

.

.

"Are you upset?" Khushi asked to her sister who was busy making tea.

Nodding no Payal said, "Why should I be upset?"

Khushi sighed and said, "Nothing...I just asked!"

Payal poured tea to cups and Khushi said, "Jiji, do you think we should take Ruhaana to doctor?"

Payal stopped pouring tea and said holding her sister's shoulder, "I was also thinking that!"

"She isn't speaking anything jiji....she is two years now. Aashi is only one and she started talking. Even Ruhi, Ruhaan and Sonu talked early."

"But Adi spoke after two years....I think Pari will also take time!" Payal said.

"But Adi used to make noises but Poori, she is completely mum! Is my daughter dumb?" Khushi said worriedly.

Payal thought for a while and said, "I thought she would take time and will speak eventually. We'll take her to doctor Khushi....don't worry! Some children do take time!"

Khushi sighed and nodded.

.

.

.

.

That evening.

Arnav and NK were at hospital completing the formalities for Akash's discharge. Khushi and Payal were in kitchen. Mami and Nani were at hospital with Akash. Lavanya and Aman were in serious discussion about their project.

Children were in the garden.

Adi was busy making a portrait of Sonu who was sitting on the garden bench posing for her bhaiyya. Ruhi was looking at herself in her small pocket mirror and adjusting her hairs. Ruhaan was playing guitar and trying out some Bollywood songs while Ruhaana sat on the grass building blocks with little Aashi trying to break the blocks her sister made.

It was then a lady came to them.

None of the children noticed her.

She came closer and closer and reached Aashi and Ruhaana who was sitting on the grass. She slowly bend down and touched Aashi's hair.

Aashi jerked and looked at her and squealed seeing a stranger near her. Hearing her squeal others got aware and they all went near the lady.

Adi being the eldest asked, "Who are you?"

The lady said politely, "Mr. Aman Mathur called me. He said he want a caretaker for his daughter!"

'Papa called her?' Adi thought, 'Why would papa call a caretaker for Aashi?'

Looking at the lady, Adi asked, "When did he call you?"

"Today morning!" She replied.

Turning to Ruhaan, Adi said, "Roo...go and call papa!"

"Ok bhaiyya" And Ruhaan ran to the house while Ruhi also followed her.

It was then Sonu looked at Adi's watch and squealed, "OMG, doraemon would've started!" And she ran away.

Ruhaana and Aashi resumed in their blocks and Adi sat on the bench with the lady sitting on another bench. Adi looked at the lady who was looking at Aashi lovingly.

For some reasons, he didn't find this lady good! He didn't know why but his brotherly instincts were not giving a green signal for this slim petite lady before him. He sat looking at her closely when Aashi squealed,

"Boo boo...." That's what she calls Adi – boo boo!

Adi turned to her and she said, "Piky (pinky)..." She said pointing at the blocks.

"You want your pink blocks?" Adi asked and Pari (Ruhaana) and Aashi nodded.

"Now you play with this. I'll get it later!" Adi said as the pink blocks were at house and he had no intention to leave his sisters alone with this strange lady!

"piky......piky......" Aashi said stubbornly.

"Aashi...I told you na...I'll get it later!" Adi said sternly.

"Boo boo....piky...." Aashi said almost crying. She can tolerate anything but not her bhaiyya's stern tone. Ruhaana also sat with a crying face and Adi said sighing,

"Ok then....wait here!" He said and ran to the house to get her pink blocks.

He rushed into the house and took the pink blocks when he saw his father coming with Ruhaan, Ruhi and Lavanya.

"Adi....who is that lady? I never called for any caretaker!" Aman said walking to him.

"You didn't call?" Adi asked shocked.

Aman nodded no and Lavanya said, "But why did she say that you called her?"

Aman shrugged and then asked suddenly, "Adi where is Aashi and Pari?"

It then dawned upon Adi.

While giving up to his sister's stubbornness, it had slipped out his mind.

He has left his sisters alone there!

He rushed back to the garden and others followed him.

And to everyone's horror!

THE GARDEN WAS EMPTY!

"AASHI...PARIIIII" Everyone called out but no Aashi or Pari came out.

In shock, they realized it.

Aashi and Pari are missing!