Chapter 24

4 years later

London

8.15 am

"Papa....how do I look?" Sonu squealed flaunting her new school uniform before her father.

NK laughed and lifted his daughter. Swirling her in air, NK gave her a kiss and said, "My princess looks soooo pretty!"

Sonu giggled and Lavanya came there with a comb, "Sonu...come here....mamma will make your hair!" Sonu slipped from NK's arms and ran towards her mother who combed her long hair and placed a hair band over it.

"My Shona....be a good girl at school. Don't fight with your new friends. And yes, make a lot of friends! If you have any problem, go to your Roo bhaiyya or Ruhi di or Adi bhaiyya." Lavanya instructed her daughter while getting her ready for her first day at school.

"Ok mamma" Sonu nodded like an obedient girl.

It was then Adi came there calling NK.

"NK mamu....wo papa is calling you!" He told and then saw Sonu. "Arrey wah, my Sonu darling is looking like snow white!" He lifted Sonu in air and gave her a kiss who giggled.

"Adi..." Lavanya said tensely, "Take care of her."

"Don't worry mami...I'm there na! I'll look after my sister! And Ruhaan and Ruhi are also there!" Adi assured the tensed mother.

"But Sonu....you know her....she doesn't obey anyone!" La said and Sonu squealed, "Mamma....Sonu is a good girl!"

"Yeah right..." NK said, "And the 'good' girl slapped a boy of her class....when was it? Yeah, you were in UKG!"

Sonu looked down with a pout and Adi laughed and said, "Don't worry mamu....we'll look after the 'good' girl!"

.

.

.

.

"Khushi ma...." Sonu ran to Khushi who said, "Haww....my Sonu darling is looking so pretty!" She gave the little girl a kiss and said, "Come, have your breakfast!"

Sonu climbed on the chair near Ruhaan and Ruhi who looked at her as if she is an alien.

"What happened Roo bhaiyya? Ruhi di...why are you both looking at me like this?" Sonu asked confused.

"Who are you?" Ruhaan asked.

"What?" Sonu asked shocked.

"Who are you, pretty princess?" Ruhi asked, "Where is our little Sonu? Why are you sitting in her place?"

"I'm Sonu........" Sonu squealed and Ruhaan said, "No...Our Sonu is ugly....not pretty like you!"

"Khushi Maaaaaa" Sonu started crying and Khushi smacked Ruhaan, "Rula diya mere bache ko!" And Khushi lifted the girl, wiping her tears said, "Arrey, they were teasing you Sonu! You look very pretty and they indirectly said that!"

Sonu frowned at Ruhaan and squealed, "I won't talk to you"

"Thank god! I'll have some peace!" Ruhaan said with a relieved expression and Sonu started crying again while Ruhi chuckled and Adi hid his laughter.

.

.

.

.

"Have a nice day kids.....study well and don't get into fights!" Aman said to the kids as he and NK dropped the four pranksters to their school.

"Ok Papa/Aman uncle" The kids said in unison and NK said kissing Sonu's forehead, "Good luck for your first day Sonu baby!" "Thank you Papa" Sonu said sweetly and Aman said to Adi, "Adi, you should drop her to her class."