Change Over Time

Paige

Three months.

It had been three months since I'd left my house, three months since I'd been to school and three months since the incident at the homecoming dance.

My mother pulled me from school because she insisted that I needed to be physically and mentally healed. She had a physical therapist coming to the house two days a week, a regular therapist coming every Monday to see where my mind was with everything that happened and she also decided to start making me baths with all types of things in the water for spiritual healing.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't say it wasn't weird at first but after a while of us going back and forth about it, I did my research and realized how they could help what my mother figured was wrong.

She said my once innocent mind was tainted and being lost by the worlds toxic ways. My father took off work for a while because he felt that if was there more then none of this would've happened.

I eventually had to tell him and not my mother about everything that happened in these past couple months. From the day at the mall, to the first day at school, to being bullied, Chris and the whole homecoming fiasco.

He was disappointed in my actions but was proud that I'd took a stand for myself. As any parent would, he became very cautious with my social life and the people I surrounded my self with.

It was a Saturday afternoon and he had insisted on inviting all of peers that I was friends with over for whatever reason.

This weekend, my mother was gone with her brother and their other siblings on their annual siblings trip. Something that they've did ever since they were kids.

She had no idea that my father had invited them over because if she did, she would have a fit and it would be another thing we'd have to argue about.

She kept me from them and tried to monitor me just to make sure I had no contact with the outside world in the past few months. What she didn't count on was my father getting the message to my friends that it wasn't my wishes to not see them when they started coming to visit but my mothers words more of that I didn't need any distractions while I'm getting myself together.

My father told me that everybody was understanding but Parker and Chris took it harder than anybody that they couldn't see me.

From my understanding, they were the main two who constantly brought flowers everyday. So many that my dad decided to start a garden in the back yard for me right under my room window.

Chris always brought yellow and sometimes rainbow roses, while Parker always left small gifts. Her first one was a disguise for what she really gave me. She made me a box full of my favorites snack but in the bottom she left a note with another box.

The note wasn't much but it did say "do not open until your alone." And when I did, it was a bunch of weed and cigars. At first I couldn't understand why'd she give me it because I didn't smoke often but then after a while I decided to. I went from on occasion to everyday and now it's become a daily thing always or around the same time.

After a while, I noticed Chris flowers had stopped and I didn't see him in his room window as often.

Even though we couldn't be around each other, he still had found a way to make me smile without my parents noticing. He'd sneak his way to my window and make sure I was okay before I went to sleep some nights. Some days when my parents were gone, he'd stay all day, go home right before they did and sneak back later.