24. This Feeling

2 Weeks Later

Chris POV

"You hungry?" I signed to Shaniya and she nodded.

"Yes." She mumbled. I had been encouraging her to speak certain words when she would sign so that she would feel comfortable.

She had a hearing aid but she couldn't understand what some words meant. I noticed that when her and Paige talk she tends to speak somethings she doesn't speak with people.

Today, Niya and I were home alone and she had been asking to see Paige for a couple days now.

Since it was saturday, I figured that I would make a day out of it for them.

"Where is she?" I mumbled.
It was going on 12:15 and she was supposed to be here at 12.

I knew she stayed right next door so she probably overslept like she does every weekend .

I felt Niya moving beside me and I eyed her because she was literally doing to much. When I looked at her she ran off the step and towards the yard.

I looked uo to see Paige standing there hugging her. She adjusted her to her hip and they began talking.

"Hello Niya, how are you?"

I watched them interact and I flet this warm sensation in my chest.

She put Niya down and they walked over to me.

"Hey Chris. How are you?" I stood up and pulled her into me for a hug.

"Good now that your here." I kissed her neck and she laughed.

"What did I tell you. Your hardheaded." She hugged me back and continued laughing.

Once we let go I notice Niya standing there with a goofy grin on her face. I winked at Paige and she blushed.

"Okay, you ladies ready?" I signed so that she knew what I was saying. They both nodded and smiled.

"Where are we going anyway?" Paige asked as I locked the house door.

"To have fun."

She shrugged. "Fair enough."

My phone vibrated. It was a text from Karruche.

BabyKae: what are you doing today?

Me: Taking Niya out to eat and spending time with her.

BabyKae: oh. 😞 okay. I guess Ill see you at church tomorrow.

Me: 👀👀 you finally coming to church?

The bubbles that were their disappeared so I just exited out the messages and went to driver seat.

I thought I would have felt bad for telling a lie to Kae even though I wasn't telling a complete lie. I just wasnt telling her the whole truth.

If I told her Paige was with us, she'd have a cow.

She had been acting funny over me and Paige being friends and I honestly ignored her everytime she brought the topic up.

"You ready?" I looked over at Paige who was already smiling at me.

Beautiful.

"Yeah, ready whenever you are."

-

I was currently at Five Guys waiting in line to order. I looked back at Shaniya and Paige who were smiling at each other.