27. All Falls Down

This is a short chapter.

------------------------------------

Chris POV

It had been a couple days since I seen or heard from that nigga Trey

It had been a couple days since I seen or heard from that nigga Trey. August was trying to make shit work but I wasn't trying to hear it.

He knew fucked up, I was wrong too but that doesn't mean I was going to kiss his ass.

It had been awkward as fuck between me and Paige also. She wouldn't look at me, nor what she talk to me when I tried to get her to duck off with me like we used too.

She's been more quieter than normal, I'm used to her having headphones in but this is ridiculous. Every time I seen her she had them in, going to class, leaving school, at lunch, even in the library in the corner where she sits to avoid me and everybody else.

Even after school, she'd go straight in the house whenever I tried to talk to her. It's like she was avoiding me on purpose.

I kinda prayed on it for god to show me some signs of what exactly I needed to do and this was all I was getting.

It was like he was telling to push the issue or leave her alone, but I tried to leave her alone and it didn't work. All I did was think about her.

It was nagging me. She'd respond to my messages and all but I wanted to give her attention.

We were currently sitting next to each other in study hall due the teacher giving out assigned seats. I got lucky enough to be next to her.

I looked over at her and began to stare.

"Paige?" I whispered to her and she side eyed me. But not before pinching my leg. "Ow. Stop that. What's your deal?"

She shook head and went back to the book she was reading. I sighed in defeat and sat back.

Something was definitely wrong with her and I was determined to figure it out.

-

I was walking down the hall to the courtyard when August had walked up on me. "Sup bro?"

We slapped hands. "Boolin, Boolin." The conversation didn't go much from their. Until we got to the courtyard where other students were sitting around and lounging.

I looked around to see Christina and Trey all boo'd up together like they were the happiest couple in the world. Kae was no where in sight which caused me to wonder where she was.

I also saw Parker and Quincy making their way towards us, Paige wasn't with them and it was bugging me out.

"Sup?" He slapped hands with us. And they both sat down. We gave Parker a head nod and she fluffed her hair before returning. "Sup?" She finally spoke.