23. Confusion

Paige POV

Thoughts raced through my mind as Chris ducked and dodged through traffic.

Did I just fight?

Did I win?

Is she okay?

I don't know why I even cared in the first place.

Part of my felt like she deserved what I gave her but the other part of me was upset that I even allowed her to get me to that point.

I'd never gotten so low with myself except twice and this was one of those moments.

"You alright over there?" He questioned, I didn't answer.

I felt his hand on my hand and he gripped it. I looked up at him.

"What?"

"I said, are you okay?"

I nodded. "Yeah, I'm fine now. Just wondering who is gonna go get my car from the park."

"Oh don't worry about that. It'll be at the meet up spot."

I jerked my head to look at him. "Who's driving my car?"

"Calm down man." Hs turned down the music that playing and looked at me. "Parker is gonna drive your car."

I took a breath of relief. "For a minute, I thought you let that boy drive me car."

He side eyed me. "I'm not tryna end like Tina out here. You won't beat me up."

I squinted at him. "I did not beat her up."

He shook his up and down. "You did too Paige. Don't try to argue with me on this because her face says other wise bae and I-"

"What did I tell you about calling bae?"

He smirked. "And what did I tell you?"

I rolled my eyes. "Chris cut it out."

"Paige cut it out." He mocked me and poke my lip.

I smacked his hand away and looked out the window. I could feel him staring at me and it was making me feel uncomfortable.

I turned his radio back up and listened to what was playing.

While it played, I looked over at Chris and watched him. Over these past couple weeks I couldn't place my finger on why I getting so comfortable on him.

When he first approached me, I was recently getting over my little crush on him.

I had no problem with shutting him down and going in on him. I might have been shy but Chris had been asking for it.

"Why you acting like that Paige?" He sounded hurt which made my heart cringe and my stomach sick.

He had this unreadable face om which really gave me nothing to give if he was serious or not.

Keep it together Paige.

"Acting like what? Stuck up? Standoffish?" He nodded. "Maybe because you are who you are."

He scrunched up his face. "What you mean by that ma?"

A wave of a feeling I wasn't used to coursed through my body and I shivered.

Keep it together.

"Don't call me that." I waved him off.

He grabbed my hand sending a bolt of electricity through me.