21; waiting for dark

Third Person.

Scott was thrown to the floor, against the school lockers

Scott was thrown to the floor, against the school lockers. Next to him were Malia and Liam, both of them passed out. Scott only prayed that Jade and Mason would turn the music off. But Scott wondered, where is Star?

As if they had read his mind, a deputy showed up, holding Star by her bicep. She looked so weak. A deputy was holding a can— a gasoline-full can.

"What is that? What are you doing?" Scott weakly asked the deputy.

"It's gasoline. Haigh says we gotta burn you."

The deputy had started dumping gasoline onto Scott, Malia and Liam. Scott was panicking, he desperately tried to stop them, but the music was keeping him weak and defenceless. When Scott tried to stop the deputy, he had kicked him and Scott's back had hit the locker. The deputy knelt in front of him, holding a lighter in front of Scott's face.

"Actually, you know what?" The deputy smirked. "We aren't gonna use this. It's too little."

The deputy turned to look at Star, who was weakly trying to pry off the hands of the other deputy from holding her upper arm so tight.

"We're gonna use her to burn you and herself."

That's when the music stopped.

Quickly regaining his strength back, Scott snapped his eyes open, them glowing red. He grabbed the smirking deputy's wrist, forcefully dragging it to the side. Scott had broke the deputy's wrist. Star's eyes opened and her eyes glowed yellow, using her elbow to hit the guy straight to his nose.

Someone had kicked the deputy in front of Scott, and came to view was Braeden. Behind her was Derek, who quickly rushed to Star with a bottle of water in his hands. He dumped the water on Star before she could even start flaming up.

Derek and Braeden started fighting the other deputies, as Malia and Liam began waking up. It all happened quickly, but Braeden and Derek had managed to defeat the deputies.

"What happened to the gun?" Scott queries him.

Derek started walking towards him. "You're covered in gasoline."

Just like him, Malia and Liam were soaking wet in gasoline.

"Then why'd you dumped water all over me?" Star asked, wiping her face.

Derek smiled. "You were gonna flame up."

Star looked down to her hand, only to see her pinky finger having a little fire before it disappeared.

——

It was raining hard. It was also dark.

Star nodded to Kira, who grabbed her sword and ran towards the field. She heard the latter yelling at Brett and Lori to run, and they did. Star ran to where Brett and Lori had ran off, jumping in front of them before they could go further.