07 | we've come to somewhat of an agreement

[ graphic: @tumblr ]

roommate wars
07 | we've come to somewhat of an agreement

"Well, well, well. What do we have here?"

My hands fly to cover my mouth as my heartbeat quickens, I can feel his presence right behind me.

"Looks like little Jacquelyne isn't quite as boring after all."

"I was never boring you know, you just made that assumption all on your own..." I mumble while leaning down to slide my shoes off and place them near the door neatly.

Come on heart, please start back up so I can get the fresh oxygen my dear brain badly needs right now.

"So how did you manage to get in?" Aiden asks as I stand back up.

I take a quick look around the area, noting the fact that he doesn't seem too drunk at the moment although I do spy the empty cans laying around the place.

I shrug as I look across at him.

"How were you able to swap the keys over?" I ask instead.

He smirks, prolonging the answer while leaning up against the wall opposite me with a slight shrug of his shoulders.

"Maybe it would've helped if you had been more..." he pauses in thought for a second, glancing over at me.

Don't you say it, I think to myself.

"Consciousness."

I glare at him, eyes narrowed as my body seems to respond to my emotions by tensing up slightly. This guy is absolutely infuriating.

"I was conscious of my surroundings, you secousse (jerk)!" I tell him starting to get annoyed all over again.

"Now, now highness." He puts his hands up in front of him, also standing up straight. "There's no need to call me a.." he trails off with a confused expression.

"A secousse?" I say in which he nods his head.

"What even does that mean? did you call me something lame like a potato or something?"

I can't help but smile as I shake my head with a start.

"No, I called you a jerk actually."

"Wow how original," he mumbles with a tired shake of his head.

"More like how fitting."

Now it's his turn to glare at me.

"What are you even doing back here anyways? I told you to piss off."

"Well I told you that I'm your new roommate, remember?" I tell him with a sigh as I go to take a step forwards to walk by him.

"What the-" I cry out as I walk straight into an arm, his arm. "Do you mind?" I look right up at him as he doesn't seem to be in a rush to move it.

"Yes I fucking do mind actually," Adien tells me in an annoyed tone. "This is my bloody apartment and I won't be sharing it with a kid."

"I'm not a kid!" I tell him trying to remain the calm and collected one here in the room but it seems to piss him off even more.

"Oh I'm sorry," he says it in a way that I know he doesn't. "I mean, a stuck up little princess that thinks she can just walk right into my apartment and expect to be given everything to her on a big silver platter like her happy and rich family probably has done for you your entire life so that you don't cry and throw a tantrum to your mummy and daddy."