06 | oh no you don't

[ graphic: @recklessrebellion- /me ]

roommate wars
06 | oh no you don't

"Do you really think five hours should be enough to calm the beast?" Collette asks as we climb out of the taxi outside the apartment complex.

"The beast?" I laugh at the nickname she's picked as I lean in to grab the three bags of clothing that Baylee had made me the last couple of months.

"What? You gotta admit it does suit him," she says after giving the driver the correct change.

"Well I can't take another couple hours at the mall," I groan at the very thought. "Shopping sucks!"

"Who'd guess that a frenchie wouldn't like shopping!" Collette sighs teasingly.

I turn to face her, a grin on my face as we enter the building.

"Are you coming up?" I ask her gesturing to the elevator doors in front of us.

"To get my head bitten off? No thank you." Co-Co groans taking a seat on one of the couches in the welcome area beside the elevator doors.

"Scaredy-cat!" I tease in which she responds with poking her tongue out at me.

"At least I'll still be alive to see my future children. Don't worry, I'll make sure to name one of them after you."

"Touché boo, touché," I laugh juggling the bags in my hands as I wait for the elevator.

"And I'll tell them all about how their crazy aunty Jac went on this wild mission to kick the beast out of his own cave," she jokes.

"I'm not kicking him out... I'm letting him stay in our place. God women, making me out to be a horrible monster."

"Aww you said our!"

"Shut up!" I mumble grumpily as I walk into the elevator, the doors sliding close in front of me.

I can still hear her laughing on the other side.

When I get in I press the button waiting until the doors bing letting me know I've arrived at the right floor number.

I wonder how he's going to take the news of having a roommate? Well even if he doesn't take it well, he can't do anything about it.

As the doors open before me, I lean down and grab the three bags full of clothing and make my way out down the hall - trying not to trip over the bags.

The hall is un-normally quiet even though it's close to three in the afternoon, I guess most people would be out at work at this time. Making my way pass the other room numbers, I come to a standstill in front of my room door.

I drop the bags down by my feet and look in my small blank handbag for the key I had been given the night before.

"I know you're in there..." I mumble under my breath hearing the key jingle inside. Finally finding the familiar red key, I take it out and put it in the key hole turning it. Only to realise it won't turn.

"What the hell?" I huff confused.

I take it out and try again, twice with the same result as last time. The key just won't budge.