02 | he stole my bag

[ graphic: @me ]

roommate wars
02 | he stole my bag

Fifteen hours later and I'm beyond exhausted and grumpy.

"... We hope you enjoy your stay here in New York City, the current temperature is five degrees."

Five degrees? Well no wonder it feels cold, I think to myself as I rub my thighs to try and warm them up a little.

I decide to just wait for everyone else to get off the plane first as I am in no mood to get pushed about trying to get my bag down from the compartment.

"Can you get up and move?" The annoying twelve year old kid beside me asks.

"Well you wouldn't turn your music down when I asked politely, so why should I move?" I sigh crossing my arms as I turn to look at the little shithead.

"Can you get up and move... please?" The boy asks, his face turning sour at the word - please.

"Nope!"

He turns to glare at me while also crossing his arms in front of him, obviously annoyed with me. That's what he gets for having his music up so loud and kicking me the whole flight.

"Bitch!" He mumbles under his breath huffing.

I stare at him quite shocked. Did that just come out of a twelve year olds mouth? Didn't his parents teach him to be polite and not swear? I take it as a no as he stands up barging pass my legs, probably bruising them in the process.

"Quelle petite chatte!" (What a little cunt!) I whisper under my own breath as I go to stand up since there's not many people around now.

"Watch out!" Someone yells out suddenly and I duck back into my seat quickly as a dark blue bag falls from above me and onto the floor where I had just been standing.

"Oh I'm so sorry!" A young woman comes up to me dressed in light blue. "My bag must have been right on the edge when they opened it," she explains before apologising again.

"Just get your bag and move along." I tell her in an oddly calm voice, although my hands are clenched by my sides. I just want to get into a nice warm bed and sleep for days.

The woman looks at me funny but does what I say, grabbing her bag off the floor she turns and hurries out the plane.

"Somebody is a little grumpy!" someone comments behind me in an amused tone.

"Oh chier!" (Oh piss off!) I tell them as I get up off my seat again and go for the compartment above.

You've probably noticed I tend to swear a lot in French when I'm pissed off. Both my brother and I learnt English as our second language since our father had been American and thought it'd be good for us to learn, and easier for him as he couldn't come to terms with French although he always did try.

I try to reach up for my bag on my tiptoes. It's teasing me as it sits there right on the edge, probably laughing down at me and my 5'2 nothing.

(I know my actually cast member 'astrid' is 5'7 or something [hey that's me] but I'm just changing it up a little okay).

Well fuck you bag, I hate you!

It's then that I hear somebody start chuckling behind me and I turn around, hands on hips ready to attack the person when I notice who it's coming from.

"Do you need me to get it down for you?"

The guy looks to be around the same age as me, eighteen or maybe a little older, it's hard to tell sometimes. I notice he's wearing a designer brand grey singlet with dark shorts, and an expensive looking watch resting on his left wrist.