37|The Past.

They came a long way but it all ended in flash.
Were that how things were supposed to be?

Happy reading. 🎈

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Writer POV:

She let her eyes closed as she leaned towards him placing her head on his back and tightly wrapped her arms around his torso when the bike was running fast on that deserted road towards home. He with time was turning his head back for cross checking that she was okay but she wasn't and he knew it. Another trauma had hit her hard and she's now more weak to absorb whatever she faced few minutes back.

"Harris?" Her voice came from far away mountains. It was raspy yet small. He slowed the vehicle.

"Hmm?" He took his attention to her call.

"Can you take me to the Atlas river? I want to see that blue water", she asked softly. Her first ever desire which she placed in front of him made him smile.

"Yes, I'll", he answered in the same tone and took the turn to the left towards that nature work where Laila might find peace. She once again closed her eyes while he ran the bike.

They sat crossed leg in front of the glowing river, the water sparkled like  beads in the night under that lit moon. It was something spectacular to witness. Her eyes were fixed on that while he in meantime was taking his to her face and back to the river again.

"You know?" She started in a heavy voice. He just turned his head. He didn't want to interrupt her thoughts. He just wanted to listen to her heart.

"Never in life he talked to me with a soft tone but today he did", she said in a slow tone. His eyes never leaving her side face.

"I always craved for their love but they never gave me any. I.. I always wanted them to hold me, to... to save me, to buy me toys, to make my hair for school, to play with me, to hug me but they never did, nev- never", her voice was still shaking but she kept her head ahead. A lone tear escaped her eyes and trailed down her cheek. He wanted to extend his hand and wipe of that pain that left her eye but again he hold himself back.

"But every year on my birthday I used to find a chocolate in my lower drawer. I used to believe there must be a fairy who comes from heaven to leave that pretty little thing for me but I knew there isn't any such thing", he saw a small smile at the corner of her lips.

She was looking damn beautiful and his heart missed a beat.

"I used to keep myself awake to catch who was so generous for me in that place where I had no worth but I always ended up sleeping and in the morning the chocolate always welcomes me", the smile grew deeper, he smiled along a little.

"Was he dad who used to put that there?" The smile fell but her voice had a warmness.

"Was he the one who cared a little?" She questioned once again.

"Was he the one who ever loved me?" Now her throat stung of speaking.

"Did I really had or have some importance in his life?" She questioned more but this time as she was looking in his eyes. The tears were pooling those hazel orbs. His hands itched to hug her.

"Does he love me and wanted me to come back?" She lost this time and some cries left her mouth. He instantly grabbed her in a hug and she cried, loudly just like a baby.

He took her on his lap and let her shed tears that were actually the pain she had in her heart.

He gently stroke those soft hair of hers and consoled her with his warmness. Her face was buried in his neck and her sobs were audible in that laconism.