Chapter 04

Everything thing was silent in the house, the usual chatter and banters all were gone just few whispers and talks were on going between the people of the house.

It was as if everyone felt the tension in the air even if no one knows what caused it but one look at the birthday girl and all knew.

Gabby takes a deep breath before she walks towards the table where her cake was waiting on for her to be, cut and be, noticed.

Even Gage for once knew the seriousness of the situation and kept his mouth quiet or perhaps the whispers in his ears from Bo hold him back.

"He is not coming" she whispers the words as she stares at the door one last time before she silently stabs on the cake leaving the knife on it as she walks away towards her old room.

Gabriel sighs as he gets up from his chair where he was watching his daughter just as each of his family did.

"Amelia lets have dinner" he finalizes and everyone moves towards the dining table while he walks towards where his daughter went.

"You know when I thought your mother betrayed me that one time; it was one of the darkest moments of my life...

I was so helpless, as the one woman I dared fall for loved someone else and watching her kiss other was just as painful...

However, good thing luck was by my side and the woman I saw with another man was not my wife, yet I still shudder each time my mind drifts towards the past...

"That's what loves does, it leaves you helpless when the one person you thought as your world does not think of you as such" Gabriel sighs as he walks towards where his daughter was sitting on her bed staring at the floor.

"When that boy walked in the house looking like some man from a movie I knew he will one day hold the power to break my daughter's spirit one that I have helped create...

But what I did not knew was that my daughter's spirit was so down that she will let him break her so easily"

"I am not broken dad," she says hoarsely.

"I would to believe that too, this is why I wanted you to choose one of the boys I..."

"I am not going to date anyone of the boys you chose dad so forget it"

"Then why don't you get the boy you chose?" he challenges as he sits beside her.

"I don't know..."

"Even if I let you all believe you have the upper hand I know each of you like the back of my hand...

And I have raised you with these same hands, you love him, right?" he asks and she looks away.

"Are you ashamed of loving him or love itself," he asks next and she sighs.

"What do you want dad?" she groans wanting to be alone.

"I am going to say this just once so you listen carefully, you either cry your heart out tonight for the last time and forget that boy, forever...

Or you stand strong and with everything that I know you are, make him yours. It is either you are in or out, no standing at the door stuck"

"I don't know how to make him mine dad, I would have made him mine if I knew," she cries hugging him.

"Easy, let him know, what he is missing when he is away from you, let him crave you as if you are his last breath and in doing so first you have to take his breath away...

Let him come to you but this time you will not open your doors wide open, let him break it to get in...

Make him realize the meaning behind his nickname, and for once let him act like you are precious to him" her father smiles as he kisses on her forehead.