twenty-seven; let me go

Start from the beginning

             Suddenly, the demogorgon lunged, incoming Jonathan to the ground and Mary let out a startled scream of fright, "Jonathan!" She and Nancy screamed in horror before Nancy began firing, bullets lodging into the monster the same way they had when Mary had shot at it, but still it only seemed to anger it as it shrieked.

            Mary rushed forward, "Get off him, you bastard!" She yelled, swinging her axe that cut deep into its back and it screeched as Mary struggled to pull it back out and the monsters teeth neared closer to Jonathan's face.

              Mary managed to get the axe out before she swung again, whilst Corina examined the scene. The axe stuck in it's skin again, this time earning a reaction and it turned to her, it's faceless mouth wide, ready to pounce on her when suddenly it was being smacked in the side with the nail covered baseball bat — by Steve.

          Mary gasped, stumbling out of the way as the creatures attention was now on Steve whom swung his bat in a sideways eight motion before hitting it again. Suddenly Jonathan was pulling on her arm and the four ran down the hallway, making sure to jump over the bear trap as the monster slowly caught up with them.

           They ran to the end of the hall quickly just as the creature began screeching as it stepped into the trap, the blades clamping onto its foot, "Jonathan its trapped! Do it now!" Nancy yelled and the boy fumbled for the lighter in his pocket before lighting it and throwing it onto the ground.

            Within seconds the whole hallway including the monster was up in flames and it screeched horrifically as everyone held their hands up against their faces, shielding them from the smoke and flames.

            Suddenly, Corina was at Mary's side, clutching onto her arm, "You's can't kill it, we need it alive to get to Charlie!" She yelled over the sound of the flames, catching Mary's full attention who's eyes widened and lips parted.

           She ran into the bedroom and grabbed the fire extinguisher despite everyone else's yelled of protests before unloading it onto the creature, putting out the flames as it now stumbled, its body burnt.

            "Mary, what're you doing!" Jonathan yelled at her in horror as the girl turned to Corina dropping the extinguisher and grasping onto her shoulders.

             "How do we get to him?" She demanded and Corina's gaze drifted to behind her, green know it all eyes landing on the monster that was struggling to hold itself up.

            "We don't... It does." She told her and Mary's gaze traveled down to Corina'a wrist, where she could now see the number clearly that was imprinted onto her skin.

              "Number six," Mary read aloud, catching the attention of everyone around them, "You're one of them — like Eleven, aren't you?" She asked in shock and both Jonathan and Nancy watched with the same emotion, whilst Steve watched in confusion.

             "Who's one of who?!"

            Corina humphed out a heavy sigh, "I'd love to stay and have this chat, but right now we have that monster trapped and once it's recharged it's going to teleport to what you'd have been calling The Upside Down —"

            Mary squinted her eyes, "Teleport? Upside Down? Have you been spying on us or —"

           Corina was suddenly grasping Mary's shoulders, her face inches from her own and Mary wondered if the girl knew what personal space is, "We don't have time for this. It's almost fully recharged and it's going to leave soon — we need to leave with it," Mary's mouth flew open, ready to argue but Corina bet her to it, "My powers can help — but I need that demogorgon and I need you with me on this. Mary, please."