ten; dating the enemy

Mary hadn't expected to get shit-faced drunk at Steve's small get-together

          Mary hadn't expected to get shit-faced drunk at Steve's small get-together. Nor had she expected her boyfriend would break up with her. Yet, those were two things that had in fact happened.

           After the second can, she seemingly couldn't stop drinking even though Barbara was droning on and on that she should stop. Hence why the girls stumbled up the Harrington's stairs, the dark blondes arm flung over her shoulder as she was half awake and half asleep.

             "Where are we going?" Mary grumbled, completely losing her footing and the pair almost tumbled back to the bottom of the staircase it had taken Barbara five minutes to get Mary up.

           "Steve's guest room. You're going to sleep." She replied and Mary scrunched up her face, shaking her head in disagreement.

            "No, I don't wanna go sleep - beer, need more beer." She droned out, trying to get back down the stairs by attempting to push by the red heads shoulder but Barbara pulled her back until their feet grazed the landing and the girl sighed in relief, momentarily letting go of Mary.

           The girl fell to the side and Barbara's eyes widened and she reached out for her, just grabbing her as she hit the wall and before she could fall to the floor, "Oopsies!" Mary giggled, fist pumping the air as Barbara took her arm again and began leading her to where the room door remained open and Mary's wet clothes lay on the floor.

            "Barb, you're so drunk right now, you can't even walk!" Mary exclaimed as she tripped over her own feet, her voice a hundred times more high pitched than usual and the red head found herself rolling her eyes before she let go of Mary when they reached the bed and the girl fell flat on her face with a thump.

             Barbara sighed, putting her hands on her hips before putting the blankets over Mary whom stirred awake, looking up at her, "Charlie?" She whispered in question and Barb scrunched up her face as she shook her head.

              "It's me, Mary."

              "That's a strange name."

              "No, I mean it's me. It's Barb."

             "Barb!" Mary suddenly gasped as if she hadn't saw her for years, reaching out and grabbing the girl's arm, hair falling in her face, "You know, you're actually pretty, pretty. Why don't you ever let your hair down - or, or take those glasses off your face." She asked, pouting slightly and Barbara couldn't help but feel slightly amused by Mary's very drunk antics.

          "Well, I hate my hair and I need glasses to see." She told her and Mary nodded along rapidly, hair bouncing in her face as if it all suddenly made sense.

           "I used to have braces, yano," Mary slurred as Barbara tucked her in before she was shooting back up again like a rocket taking flight and Barb groaned. Mary flashed her teeth, "See, perfectly straight, you see em?" She mumbled with her mouth still open, showing her teeth.