twelve; corina hayes and stalkers

Mary's school day had gone by incredibly slow

         Mary's school day had gone by incredibly slow. Her head either feeling like there were an insane drummer from a rock band drumming inside her head — or feeling like she was going to vomit all over class.

             However, between her discomfort and sickness, she had noticed one thing during her biology test. Charlie wasn't in his seat in front of her, in fact, and that's when she realised he definitely wasn't at school at all — he hadn't shown up. And Mary wondered if it had anything to do with the fact they had broken up or if he were just skiving.

            Mary found herself leaning her forehead against her locker once school was finished, her books close to her chest and her skin freezing but breaking a slight sweat. She had to wait for her father to come pick her up whom insisted she wouldn't be driving considering her intake of alcohol the night before and she had agreed.

              Mary glanced up when she heard footsteps, loud ones, letting her know before she even looked that whoever was walking towards her was wearing ridiculously high platforms heels — something she personally would never wear; she liked to be comfortable in her knee highs.

           Upon looking down the hallway, Mary realised she had been right. Mary's eyes found the dangerously high red heels and from there, her eyes traveled upwards, seeing toned pale legs before she finally saw the red headed girl walking alongside Principle Lockley.

            The girl was dressed like nothing Mary ever saw in Hawkins — actually, it were probably something she would wear, if she had the money for it. Most of the girls body was on show, since she wore a cropped red belly-top that contrasted well against her very long hair — yet another thing most girls didn't have in Hawkins. And her long legs sported tight high-waisted black shorts. And flung over her shoulders was a leather jacket. One that Mary knew all too well.

            The girl must have felt Mary's eyes on her because she looked away from Lockley and her big doe eyes met Mary's, her lips slowly sliding into a grin, "Ah, Mary!" Lockley exclaimed, clapping his hands together upon noticing the girl whom turned her full body towards them, folding her arms at her chest, a hostile look on her face.

               The red headed girl with painted red lips was already smiling boldly, "This is Corina Hayes — she's new here at Hawkins High. She'll be in the year below you, but since I know you're such a social butterfly, I was hoping you could make her feel more at home during her time here. She starts tomorrow." He informed her, all the while this Corina Hayes smiled at her — one that seemed like she was challenging her.

           Mary's eyes traveled downwards to the pocket of the leather jacket and to the cigarette burn before looking back up, hostility in her eyes, "I'd maybe actually consider that Principle Lockley... If Corina here would tell me where she got my boyfriends jacket." She chirped, sending the girl a sickeningly sweet smile, her eyes narrowed.