Chapter twenty three ~ happy

Start from the beginning

The servants had a nice meal prepared for the boys. They sat around the table, Namjoon on the seat of honor with his son and ex wife. Jimin and Jungkook were next to Taehyung while Yoongi and Hoseok had taken their place next to Jean. They talked about unimportant things during dinner. Everyone was just excited for their gifts and the games for the rest of the day.

"Hey I have a joke for you guys!" Jean said all of a sudden near the end. She looked thinner compared to the first time Jimin saw her. Her face was paler, when she smiled it still was enough to light up the room.

"Oh come on mom! Don't embarrass me in front of my friends!"

"Oh don't be like that Tae! I'd love to hear your joke miss!" Jimin said, elbowing Tae under the table.

"Ouch! Jimin that really hurt!"

"Was that a reference to literally the oldest meme ever-?"

"Yeah it was, the author must really be trash to write that in." Tae said. "Why are you such a suck up anyways?"

"A suck up?! I just enjoy your mom's jokes!"

"It seems to me you're trying too hard to make her like you! Who even likes her jokes!"

"I like her jokes! Don't be ridiculous!"

Taehyung just stuck out his tongue and made a face when he repeated what Jimin said. "dOn'T bE RidiCUloUs!"

"Uuu the tongue technology" Yoongi mumbled under his breath.

"Don't repeat what I say Taehyung!"

"Or what?! It's not like you can say 'I was born in Busan first' to me! I'm older than you and I'm born in Daegu. Hah."

Jimin just helplessly looked at Jungkook for backup.

"GUys. Don't act like little kids!" They both stopped at the maknae's sudden remark.

"Ah stop bullying him Tae, Jimin knows I like him a lot already." Jean smiled. Jimin made a face at Taehyung before smiling back to his boyfriend's mother.

"Okay so, what do you call a bankrupt santa?"

"What?" Hobi asked enthusiastically.

"Saint Nickel-less!" Jean burst out laughing at her own joke, followed by Jimin and Hoseok. Namjoon and Yoongi chuckled out of politeness and Tae just rolled his eyes. When Hoseok was laughing though, he shoot his head backwards and Jimin saw that he had a pile of makeup right under his jaw. He decided to leave it for now and interrogate later.

"Oh dear, do you have another one?" Namjoon said. It was so obvious he was faking his amusement but Jean appreciated him trying. She smiled.

"Speaking of dears!"

"Oh god..." Tae rolled his eyes. His mom ignored him and continued.

"What do you call santa's most impolite reindeer?"

"Rude-olf?" Tae said, not being in the mood.

Jean gave her son a death glare. "Well... what did Santa give his depressed elf for Christmas?" She looked like she was daring him to give an answer.

"I-"

Jimin cut in. "WHat? What?"

"And elf-help book." Jimin started laughing at Jean's joke again. A moment passed before he realised he was the only one laughing (except for Jean herself).

Jimin cleared his throat. "You have some great jokes ma'am."

"Oh please call me Jean!"

"Well... let's pass to the gifts shall we?" Namjoon said, cutting the awkward silence. Everyone agreed. They were all really excited about the reaction to their friends when they got their gifts.

end of chapter twenty three~

Hey guys, I just wanted to say sorry for not updating for a long time! I had a lot of exams and lately, I've been getting more and more self conscious about this story, it's getting longer and even though I have much planned, rn it's pretty boring in my opinion. So if you have a criticism (good or bad) please leave it in the comments or just pm me! I'm always up for opinions and ways to improve myself. (These jean jokes are from google btw)
And, I added some jikook dance moves cause why not?

 (These jean jokes are from google btw)And, I added some jikook dance moves cause why not?