Chapter 6- The letter from Marine HQ

*2 years ago, on the island Seinaru... *

It was the start of a peaceful day on Seinaru. The sun slowly rose on the horizon and graced the rich forest and land with its warmth and light. Startled awake by the soft sunrays falling upon her face, Juli slowly opened her eyes. With a soft yawn, she rose to stretch herself. 'What a wonderful new day~' She thought happily, her mood clear and bright like drops of morning dew.

It was then she was startled out of her usual morning routine when someone knocked onto her door. Quickly fixing the fabric of her dress, she straightened herself while her attention now rested upon the visitor.

"Juli-sama, can I come in?" An elderly voice asked her gently, hoping to not disturb the princess if she was still asleep.

"Oh, Maria! Sure, come in~" Juli told her cheerily as she placed her diadem carefully upon her head, smiling at her reflection within the mirror.

The door opened quickly and a friendly looking elderly woman in her early fifties entered the room. She had warm brown eyes that were graced by soft wrinkles at the corners. Her short hair was of an ash blonde and freckles graced her light sun-kissed skin. "Did you finish dressing, Juli-sama?"

A sigh escaped the young woman at that, shaking her head as she turned to her with a cute frown. "Yes. But Maria-san I already told you a hundredth times... Don't call me Juli-sama, just call me Juli! After all, you are like family for me!" She told her in a scolding manner but then smiled softly.

Maria merely gave her a pointed look. "I know that, Juli-sama, but you are our princess and ruler, so I can't disrespect you even if you tell me to!"

Juli rolled her eyes fondly, a sigh of defeat escaping her at Maria's stubbornness. "Okay... okay... I give up." She gave in but then paused in realization. "Wait. Why did you come here so early in the morning? Did something happen?" Worry sparked within her heart as she immediately spun around to her with a concerned frown.

A soft chuckle left Maria's lips at her worried antics. " No. Nothing happened, calm down please."

Juli sighed in relief and glanced at her mother's old friend in curiosity. "What is it then? Don't tell me you just came up here to say breakfast is ready."

Maria chuckled amused. "No, that's not why I came here. Although breakfast is ready, I came here because you got an important letter of urgent matter."

Juli looked at her surprised. "A letter?! From who?" She inquired as her brows furrowed gently. 'There shouldn't be any important events this month... Why did I get such a letter then?'

Maria frowned and furrowed her brows with hidden concern. "It's from Marine HQ..." She told her slowly.

"From Marine Headquarters?!" Juli repeated in shock, clearly not expecting to ever be addressed by the marines. 'What do they want from me? Seinaru is not under their protection, so they don't have to call me to some meetings... My ancestors were never part of the Levely either...'

Maria smirked gently. "Maybe you should read the letter to find out what they want from you..." She suggested with an amused tease.

Juli's eyes widened and she blushed in embarrassment. With a small giggle, she nodded softly. "Oh, yes, you're right! Where is the letter?"

"It's downstairs on the breakfast table."

"Thanks, Maria-san. I will go then... If I need your help with writing a respone, I will call you." Juli told her quickly, smiling one last time at the woman before she ran downstairs.

"And no running in the hallways, Juli-sama!!!" Maria shouted after the princess, who simply giggled fondly and slowed down a little. After making her way through the winding corridor, she quickly descended the stairs before stepping into the kitchen with a thoughtful expression.