"GIRLS, FIX YOUR BOWS, YOU'RE OUT IN 5!" Coach Tori yelled out, calling for me and Hailey.

The two of us shrugged and fixed ourselves up in the mirror one time before heading to our coach.

"Alright, you two pay attention and make sure you show a lot of spirit out there today okay? It's unheard of that the cheer coaches come to high school games and they will be looking at you two most likely so don't disappoint. Make sure your flips and tumbles are in sync and on point. Work with each other and good luck!" She explained, gesturing to the field multiple times.

I could see why Gray was so restless.

The bleachers were packed, scouts most likely scattered at the front of the bleachers with dedicated a good seat. The turnout was huge, after all, Clearwater thrived off being a football school.

The two of us nodded, looking at each other, before stretching and talking our routine. 

•••

As soon as the 5 minutes were up, all of us had lined up with our respective football players, ready to walk them out to the stadium as their guardian angels. 

Guardian Angels for football season was a long time tradition where cheerleaders were paired up with football players, making each other gift baskets and posters for games.

Hailey and I had made some changes, me switching players from Evan to Collin. The two who played defense always spent their time making crude jokes that we put up with anyways. I had always been paired with seniors, up until I was one, being an underclassman in Varsity and now that I was a senior, nothing had changed.

"Girls, make sure to smile and use your pom-poms!" I screamed out at the sound of the band.

The student body had created quite a show, with their cheering and chants loud as ever.

"Quick change, you're up at the front with the captain permanently, we got another sub for Collin." Coach Tori said, ushering me to the front. My curiosity peaked and I followed, weaving myself through the players.

I saw Grayson with a smile, comforting without a care in the world.

"Cough it up, how'd you get me up here? We were already given our guardian angels for this season." I questioned, shamelessly eyeing Grayson down suspiciously.

His shoulder pads were on and his jersey with the #1 in bold white print. He held his helmet in his right hand as his smile reached his eyes as he looked at me.

Gray chuckled, touching my newly placed pink bow with his number on it. It was a tradition if you were dating a player to put their number on your bow, a sign of support.

"I might've pulled a few strings to get my girlfriend to walk me out for the rest of the season." He smirked, touching my number once last time.

I smiled and let him pull me into a kiss knowing he was on edge despite being sure of the fact that my lipstick was sure to smear. Just as he tightened his arm around my waist, the horn sounded for the start of the game.

"Ready?" I asked, adjusting my bow only to see him nod. 

"Ready as I'll ever be," He replied, sticking his hand out for our handshake which we quickly did and sealed it with a kiss. 

I blushed before we were given the cue to go.

"OUR CAPTAIN AND OUR QUARTERBACK, GIVE IT UP FOR #1! GRAYSON CHRISTENSEN!" The announcer yelled out, clearly excited himself.

The two of us ran out, me pulling a few flips and tricks all the way to the edge of the field.

"Christensen! Christensen! Christensen!" The students chanted as Gray wore an ear to ear smile across his face.

His hand wrapped around mine as he looked and waved to Bradley and Lincoln on the side.

He was happy.

And I'd be stupid not to see that this was when he was happiest.

•••

Happy last day of the first month of the year loves! Here's a new chapter to celebrate!

Sorry once again, I've been so caught up with school but I managed to write another chapter! This was going to have a cliffhanger in it, but I decided it would be better off as a filler chapter :) Anyways, the next chapter is going to be heart breaking(?)!

Stay tuned guys!

Also, my new book 'Chasing the Forbidden' just released its first chapter! Go check it out and give it a lot of support!

Anyways, like always please vote, comment, follow, and share this book! 

-Anne

•••
Updated: 1•31•17
Edited: 10•30•20