Chapter 20- Vampire 101

That was the Louis I knew, "So-" I began,

"Here it comes." Louis cut me off rolling his eyes

"What?"

"The onslaught of questions." he laughed

"Well what do you expect? I just found out that fucking vampires exist." I defended myself, Louis chuckled, "So," I continued, "are all of the night class students on the guard, vampires?"

Louis looked as if he was amused by my insolence, "No." he answered simply

"Are they human? Because I'm pretty sure they're not."

"No, they are not human," Louis said, "Vampires are not the only type of creature out there."

"Then what are they?" I asked curiously

"I'm not telling." He said childishly, "If you want to know than you're going to have to ask them yourself or figure it out."

I thought for a minuet about the strange things I had seen and how they related to the few myths I knew, "Well," I began to explain my thoughts to Louis, "Cora's eyes obviously change color. I think they correspond with her mood. All I gathered from hunter was his tremendous size and speed, he may have acute senses like you."

Louis was now standing in one of the rooms corners with his arms crossed over his chest trying to follow my logic, "He may have acute senses but we are very different." He snorted

I shrugged, "Ariana, had obviously seen something and warned you about it. So, it is probably safe to assume she saw the future. I have nothing on Aiden yet, and the only oddity with Lucien are purple eyes and protectiveness over a neck tattoo." I scoffed recollecting the memory.

Louis raised his eyebrows, "Good detective work. You have one down pact and parts of the others." He contemplated for a moment whether or not to reveal which one I had gotten right, "Only because you figured it out," he began, "Yes, Ariana is what we call a seer. She has probably seen this very conversation happen." He chuckled, "Not only can seers see the future, to an extent, but they can also see and communicate with other worlds. The spirit world for example, is one many humans are familiar with, I think you guys call seers mediums or fortune tellers. There are also some seers who can see a person's aura, or they may be able to tell if a person is being truthful or lying. Some can even see when you're about to die. All in all, Seers are pretty powerful and useful beings."

"If the entire night class is made up of supernatural beings, then there has to be other seers at the school. Why did you choose Ariana, of all people, to join the guard?"

He chuckled at my question, "Well, its because Ariana is sort of special. She actually possesses all of these powers whereas most seers only possess some. We are quite lucky to have her."

Surely my mouth was wide open because louis laughed again, it was incredible that one girl could possess so much power.

"What about you?" I said raising an eyebrow, "I know you're a vampire, tell me more about your species." I said cheerfully, my heart raced with excitement to all this new information.

Louis laughed as he made his way back to the bed, "You want a lesson in vampirism?"

"Absolutely," I said excitedly, "My eyes have been opened to an entire world I had no clue existed. It is only natural for me to want to learn about it."

Louis's laughter rang in my ears, it was low and throaty and it made my heart flutter, "You're so weird," he thought for a moment, "Where do I begin?"