Chapter 18- Kai

There was a loud blaring next to me, I realized that it was my alarm making a failed attempt at waking me up. Without opening my eyes, I groggily reached over and shut off the obnoxious noise. As I dragged my arm across the smooth covers to return to my side, I suddenly felt my hand dragged over a hard spot in the sheets. It felt as if there was someone lying next to me, though all the night class students were asleep, so it couldn't be Cora. Alarm bells rang in my mind because I knew of the eminent danger the school was in with the unwelcome visitor coming today. I stayed there, motionless, pretending like I was still asleep, before sharply turning over to startle the stranger and pressing my hands to their throat.

"Isn't it a little early for you to be attacking me." The person said, my eyes widened in shock and horror. There Louis was, laying in my bed, his diamond eyes boring holes into mine, a wicked smirk on his face.

I immediately jumped off of him and onto the floor, "What the hell Louis." I whispered as to not wake Cora, "What are you doing in the girl's dormitory, during the day?!" I whispered angrily

Rather than his normal uniform, he wore a white T-shirt that hugged his muscles. He propped up on his elbows, "You, are not going to school today."

"What do you mean, it's Friday, not to mention only my fifth day of class. I'm not skipping."

Louis rose from my bed as he spoke, "Yes, you are, though you are not yet an official member you still promised to dedicate your time to the guard until you have made a choice." A breath escaped my chest as louis was suddenly behind me, his breath tickled my ear as he spoke, "Plus, who wouldn't want to skip school and spend an entire day with me, you should consider yourself lucky."

I scoffed, "Your arrogance is starting to get on my nerve, what makes you so sure I want to spend the day with you."

I felt the air shift behind me and louis was pressed against my back, his face nuzzled against my neck, sending a jolt of electrical pleasure through my spine, "I don't think you want to spend the day with me, I know you do."

"What?" I said after I had a short moment to recover my breath.

Louis moved in front of me again, "Well, I can only imagine that you have many unanswered questions. I may be able to answer them." He said innocently, "We have a short meeting in 30 minutes, wake Cora up I expect both of you to be there." He said, then he was gone.

. . .

There was a large mass of day class students crowding against the door to our base, I guess they cared more about the rare sight of night class students than going to class. Cora and I scolded the lounging students as we pushed passed them and made our way to the door. We were the last of the guard to arrive, Hunter was talking to Lucien who was once again leaning against the window. Ariana and Aiden were talking with Louis who was leaning against the massive whiteboard at the front of the room, they all turned to us as Cora and I walked in tardy.

"Look who decided to show up." Louis said

"Sorry, there's a little traffic jam outside." I said sarcastically, Cora and I took seats next to each other.

"Well," louis began "Now that everyone has arrived," he looked at Cora and I, "We must discuss what will happen today. Emily will patrol with me, everyone else can choose their own partners. No one will go alone," Louis looked up at Lucien.