Chapter 11- What. Just. Happened.

I followed Hunter and Lucian out of the room, as I walked behind Lucian I noticed a strange tattoo on the back of his neck. The mark looked like two crescent moons facing each other with a line connecting their centers, it had beautiful swirling designs coming from it. We walked around the campus for a while, Lucian and Hunter had been quietly contemplating something the entire time. I felt excluded and bored again, so I interrupted their argument. "So, what do you guys normally do while you patrol?"

Lucian hid his eyes with his hoodie as he replied, "We normally just walk around and make sure that no students are up past curfew or break the rules."

Hunter spoke loudly, "Yeah, you wouldn't believe what we've seen some day class students try to pull just to get glimpse of what's happening in the night class."

"Why do they care?" I asked honestly, "I mean, what's so special about the night class?" I continued, The two were strangely amused by my question.

"Louis was right about you." Lucian said instead of answering

"What did he say about me?" I asked a bit upset and distracted

"Just that you were different." Hunter answered for him, what is that supposed to mean? I thought. As we walked the perimeter of one of the male dormitories', something caught my eye. I directed my attention to the fumbling object. It looked like a person, a girl, she was climbing the tall metal gate that surrounds and secures the boys dormitory. Hunter had seen her first and I had noticed her before Lucian had.

"Hey!" I yelled. Although before I could say more, the girl lost her footing. My mind was rushing at a million miles per hour, the gate must be at least 9 feet high, falling from that height could seriously injure or kill her! I saw the girl's helplessness as her long blond hair wildly flailed in the wind while she fell backwards toward the ground. She was not screaming for the shock had rendered her voice useless. I closed my eyes and braced for the impact, but after a moment I heard nothing but weeping. I slowly opened my tightly shut eyes and saw the girl crying in Hunters large arms. Lucian was crouched next to her trying to calm her and lecture her at the same time. I exhaled my held in breath, "What just happened?" I quietly asked myself.