We were giants

Jade knocked on the pipe and Robbie opened the hatch on the bottom, "Jade? What are you doing back here?"
"Sportacus is shopping for my bed, I thought I could kill some time with you, if that's okay?"
Robbie had been defeated, "Fine but don't touch anything. I don't need anyone pawing through my things-"
"Oh, cool! A guitar!" She picked it up as Robbie protested. She started to play and he stopped in his tracks. He couldn't help but listen to her, she was great.
Her fingers danced over the strings making the instrument sing with happiness.
"Wow."
Jade smiled and handed it back to him, "I taught myself by just listening to music."
"You play by ear?" He asked. She nodded in reply. "That's brilliant."
"Really? It's just a song." She shrugged.
"It's not just a song, Jade. Especially if someone like you played it without looking at any music. That's...that's quite genius."
"Thank you." She looked down, emotionally not accepting the compliment. Robbie noticed and wasn't too sure what to say or do. Sportacus was much better at this stuff, indeed.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Hey guys! I need you all to help me with something!" Sportacus called to the children.
"What is it Sportacus?" Ziggy asked with all the kids staring at him in curiosity.
"I'm inviting you all up into the airship to help me with a project, I need a room decorated."
"Yeah, we'll help. Right guys?" Ziggy asked the rest of the kids and they agreed.
"Great, come on, let's go!"
The group went up to the airship and loaded everything into the extra bedroom, they started painting the walls teal and gold. The bed was carried in and lights were hung over the ceiling. Stephanie was covered in paint while Ziggy helped Spo bang the lights. Pixel was busy hooking up a stereo and computer for her room. It took almost two hours to finish and they all laid there on the floor exhausted.
"I really hope Jade likes her room." Stephanie said a little out of breath.
"I'm sure she will." Sportacus said laying back against the bed frame. "It's about time I go and get her from Robbie's house."
"She's with Robbie?"
"Yeah. They're friends now. It's strange I know, but not impossible."
"Well, let me know how it goes. We're going to get back down to the park, see ya Sportacus."
"Bye, thanks guys."
He watched them climb out one by one and then opened his cuff to call Robbie.

"Hello?" Robbie answered.
"Hi, Robbie. Is Jade still there?"
"Yeah. Where else would she be?"
"Can you tell her to come back, I have a surprise for her."
"Alright then, I'll tell her." He hung up his phone. "Sportacus wants you back."
"Now? I'm having so much fun with you."
Robbie was a bit awestruck, "Look, even the kids in LazyTown know I'm an old, grumpy fart. How in the name of all that is good, do you have fun with me?"
Jade shrugged, "you're interesting. You're obviously an inspired inventor, you're stocked up for Halloween." She gestured to his tube closet.
"Those are disguises."
"If you have a dinosaur disguise and it's not a costume, you've got to tell me that story." She hopped down from the table she was sitting on and joined Robbie in the walk back to her new home. Would it be too early to call it home? It only has been a day and she's been welcomed in the town like a crowd of villagers would on a lonely island.
She had to admit that she liked it, but it was strange. Wonderful and strange enough to where she couldn't react to it. They climbed the ladder and met Sportacus at the top, "welcome back."
"Thanks."
"I've got something to show you." He led her to her room and opened the door, her eyes widened at how beautiful the room was. The carpet was blue, with teal walls that had a sponging golden finish. Her bed was big and fluffy with purple and teal ombre upon the silk. A hippie chair hung from the ceiling with a fur cushion and beautiful pillows. Twinkling lights hung from the ceiling in a dazzling array.
"This is my room?" She asked.
"Yes."
"Are you sure?" She asked a bit shocked. Her last room only had wooden walls covered in posters with a series next to her mattress. This was something that blew her out of the water. Was she worth all this trouble?
She turned to Sportacus an stared at him in disbelief.
"What's wrong?"
"Nothing. There's nothing wrong. I'm just..." She sat on her fluffy new bed. "Thank you."
"You're welcome. Oh! And here's something you might like." He opened the closet and pulled out a green acoustic guitar and handed it to her, "why are you both being so nice to me?" She asked.
"We want you to stay safe. No kid deserves to be on the streets." Sportacus told her.
she nodded, "can I have a minute, if possible."
"Of course, Jade. It's your room."
The two men left the room and closed the door, she stood up to observe the room again. "This is beyond weird. But it's also pretty amazing."
She stayed in her room, well over a few minutes. Sportacus went about his day in the ship, hoping at some point she'd come out and say hello.
Jade just sat in her hanging chair and listened to the peaceful silence, how did she come to be here? She fought her father, ran away and found herself here only to be taken into someone's home for safety all in one day.
Her cell phone rang and she answered without looking at the number, "Hello?"
"You scrawny little bitch! You get back home this instant!" An angry fathers voice greeted her on the other end.
"No." She said calmly.
"No? I will find you and give you the beating of a lifetime! Where the hell are you?!" He growled.
"Wouldn't you like to know. Too bad. I'm not ever coming back."
"I'll make you come back you little-" she threw her phone up against the wall, she couldn't bear to hear anymore.
Sportacus heard a strange noise come from her room, "Jade?"
He approached the door and listened carefully, he heard a bit of whimpering through the door. His crystal flashed and he lightly knocked on the door, "Jade? Are you alright?"
Jade didn't respond, she picked up the guitar and started to play,
"I was counting on the chemicals, I was waiting on a miracle," she opened the door and let him in. She returned to the bed with her back to him.
"Holding back what was inevitable, Don't go, don't go.
A ray of hope is never tangible, Change is almost imperceptible,
A great wave that's immeasurable, But I know, I know,
We were giants once." Sportacus sat down and carefully listened. Her voice was as soft as a larks. She roughly strummed the guitar as she hit the chorus.
"Hold on to me,
Hold on to us,
Hold on to me,
We were giants once.
I still believe,
Hold on to us,
We can still be,
We were giants once.

I remember how it used to be, We had a confidence a certainty,
Like we were in the graces permanently, Is that so, is that so?
Like a belief that you never see, 'Til you decide that it has to be,
That's the way it is with you and me, And I know, I know,
We were giants once."
Sportacus smiled listening to her sing, his crystal flashed but she was doing something to help herself. He didn't need to do anything.
"Oh don't let go
We were giants once.

I was counting on the chemicals,
I was waiting on a miracle,
Holding back what was inevitable,
Giants once.

Hold on to me,
Hold on to us,
Hold on to me,
We were giants once,
I still believe,
We can still be,
Hold on to us
We were giants once..."

"Everything okay?" He asked. Jade turned around and nodded.
"Yeah, I just didn't want to get angry and...destroy this beautiful room. That wouldn't have been fair to you."
"Can you tell me why you're angry?"
She set her guitar aside and faced him, "My Dad is trying to find me. He called me."
"What does he want? Not to seem rude but, I have a bad feeling about him."
"As you should."
"You're welcome to stay here as long as you like. I'm not going to let your father find you."
"Thanks."
"I do have some rules though, lights out at 8:08. No junk food in the ship. I don't mind if you eat it anywhere else but I can't risk having a sugar meltdown."
"A what?"
"Oh, you've never heard of that. I have a very high sugar allergy so that's why sugar here isn't allowed."
"I'm not much of a candy eater anyway, no worries."
"Morning starts at 8:08 as well. I hope that's okay."
"I will most definitely try and get to bed on time."
"Good. I'll see you in the morning...you have a great voice by the way."
"Thanks."