I've Got Four Wheels That Say I'm Not Alone Tonight

Jack's POV

For god's sake that man needed to stop tapping his pen.

I didn't know where Alex was. That's all they had questioned me about since I woke up in this interrogation room. I wasn't really sure how long I'd been out and if I had to take a guess, I'd say that this wasn't where they were originally planning on taking me when I woke up. But apparently Alex was missing, which meant things were a bit wacky.

What I had been given was a scant, very detail-less version of a story that went like this:

Alex was sedated, I broke a guy named Jerry's nose, I for some reason was able to control people's bodies and could freeze the world around me basically, and in all the commotion of me turning into a badass supervillian, somebody had swooped into Alex's room and taken him.

They, of course, think that I have something to do with it; which is understandable. I mean, it would be a pretty good plan I guess: distract the guards by flipping out and then help Alex escape to come back with help for me. Sadly, I had nothing to do with whoever or whatever had stolen Alex from the facility. But apparently I was not the most trustworthy person around here, so whatever answer I gave them was simply tossed away like garbage; which led me to ask the question of why they were even bothering to examine me in the first place if they weren't going to believe anything I had to say.

So now I'm sitting in this room, waiting for Peter to return and hound me with more "I want answers dammit!" whilst restraining himself from hitting me. It seemed strange to me at first, since he had had no problem beating Alex and I before, but I had a feeling all of the ways he had attempted to capture Alex and I weren't necessarily the way things were supposed to be done around here.

Oh, and that Jerry guy is sitting across from me, nose bloody and bandaged up, reading some files that he refused to show me and tapping his pen on the metal desk every two seconds. It's probably just a subconscious habit of his, but after he saw how much it was bothering me, he was very reluctant to stop.

"It's nothing personal you know," I told him. The tapping ceased just like I had hoped it would and he looked up at me. "It was just a reflex response. It's not like I was all 'Oh Jerry. I'm gonna hurt him'. It was totally random, promise," I smiled. He rolled his eyes and went back to tapping. I frowned and became increasingly more annoyed. Sitting in here for hours and not getting any answers was bad enough, but his constant pen tapping was certainly not doing my temper any favors.

"Would you mind not doing that?" I asked, finally being direct. He ignored me and flipped a page over. "Excuse me, I asked you a question." He raised his eyebrows in that condescending adult way. I huffed in my chair, starting to feel the anger bubble inside of me. My eyes fixated on the pen as I watched it connect with the table over and over again.

Tap. Tap. Tap. Tap. Tap. Tap. Tap. Tap. Tap. Tap....

And then it was across the room. Both our gazes followed as the pen flew out of his hand and landed on the floor. He turned his head to look at me and both of our eyes widened when we realized what this meant.

I wasn't being censored.

There was no bracelet on my wrist when I woke up so I had just assumed that this room was wired the same as the one we'd been sleeping in and was simply too exhausted to actually test it. I guess in all of the commotion they had just forgotten. I was knocked out and they must have really been too preoccupied with the missing Alex situation to make sure I wasn't "a danger" when I woke up.

I saw Jerry make a move for the door but I was quick to flick the outside lock. He looked up hopelessly to the camera in the corner of the room before I concentrated and it came crashing to the floor. I wasn't trying to scare the guy, but I was going to do everything in my power to get out of here and find Alex.