Green for too long.

Sunlight pierced the dark room of the airship and played upon Jade's face as she slept in the early morning. The door creaked and footsteps were almost unheard as the stranger entered the room.
"Jade..." she heard a voice call out from her sleep. "Jade, wake up. Its morning."
Jade refused to open her eyes, wanting to still be cocooned in the warmth of her bed. She pulled the covers closer to her and groaned, "No."
"Yes, darling. Get up, we need to talk."
Jade's eyes opened when she recognized his voice. "Stingy?"
"Yeah." He smiled at her once she opened her eyes. "What made you think i was going to break up with you?"
"You were so mad last night i just thought-"
"I was mad at you, yes. I was also pretty upset at myself for not taking the time to listen to you." He looked at her tenderly. "I'm sorry, Jade."
"I'm the one who should be apologizing. I ran away and made everyone worry about me."
"Can we forgive each other?" He asked. Jade looked at him and smiled.
"Of course we can." She hugged him tightly. "I dont ever want to lose you."
He chuckled. "You can never lose me. Now, get dressed. We're going on a date."
"Oh?"
"Yeah, I haven't had you to myself ever since you came home. This day is ours."
Jade for once blushed, it was rare to see the color in her cheeks in any situation but Stingy always had a way of bringing it forth.
"Can I at least get my hair done? I'm tired of seeing my hair so faded."
"Just get dressed, gorgeous. Ill take care of everything." He smiled and closed the door. Jade just shook her head and stood from her bed, combed her hair and perished through her closet for a good outfit, she didn't have to look to hard to find what Stingy had stashed away in her closet. The color rushed to her cheeks once more seeing the outfit that he had given her, a black patterned dress with heels that had a row of spikes down the ankles. She laughed from a bit of joy that rose from her core. She hated when stingy spoiled her but on the inside she secretly loved it. She slipped into her dress and stepped into her shoes, pulling on a jacket she came out to greet the men that stood talking to each other.
"Thanks for dressing me, babe." Jade said interrupting their conversation. Stingy turned around and admired the lady in front of him, "Darling, you really should wear dresses more often." He winked. Jade decided to go with the little banter he had initiated.
"But dear, if I did such a thing all of the time it would get old for you and I wouldn't see that glimmer in your eyes."
"That glimmer is here to stay, my lady."
Sportacus, despite the obvious flirting displayed in front of him, didn't pay attention. He never seen his daughter look so nice before, it was always ripped jeans and bleach dyed t shirts.
"She looks lovely doesn't she, sportacus?" Stingy asked.
Sportacus didn't answer. "Sportacus?"
He finally snapped out of it, "Yes, she does. She looks beautiful."
Stingy turned back to Jade, "Okay, first the salon to take care of your hair and then were off. Sound good?"
"Sounds good." She replied.
She went to leave with Stingy but Sportacus stopped her as he embraced her.
"What was that for?"
"Oh, I dont know i guess i love you silly." He stuck his tongue out at her, she giggled. "Have fun on your date."
"Have fun having your dad moment." She teased. She climbed down the ladder and met Stingy on the ground.
"What took so long?"
"Father, daughter stuff." She joked. Stingy offered his arm and she took it as they made their way to their first destination.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jade flipped through the swatches that she was given, she didn't know what she wanted. She's been green for so long, she was curious and a bit afraid of changing it.
"You've been looking through that book for twenty minutes, hun. Everything okay?" Stingy asked looking at the undecided expression on her face, she looked up at him and let out a slightly frustrated breath. "I dont know what i want. I want a change but-"
"What's your natural color?" He asked.
"Blonde."
"Really?" He asked a little intrigued.
"You met my mom. I have her thick blonde hair."
"Why not go back to blonde?" He asked.
Jade winced, "No. I dont want to look like my mom. I want to look like me."
"Who said you'd look like her?"
"Everyone used to say that i looked like my mom."
"Well, that isn't a bad thing is it? She is beautiful."
"I know, I just dont know if blonde is for me."
"You never know unless you try." He smiled and leaned forward to meet her eyes. "All i know, it that it doesn't matter what you do to your hair you will always look perfect."
"Ugh." She covered her face, giggling. "Stop being amazing and adorable."
He smiled and took her hands from her face, kissing her.
"Whatever choice you make, I'm sure it will look radiant."
"Okay." She smiled and looked at the book once more before making her choices.
"I'm going to get an iced coffee, do you want one too?" He asked standing up.
"Yes. Ill see you when I'm done."
He kissed her head and left , Jade looked in the mirror mustering up all the bravery she could for the drastic change.
"Are you ready?" The cosmetologist asked her.
"Yes, Id like these two colors please."
"Perfect, we'll get started with the darker one first then move on to the lighter blending it down. Are we getting a hair cut too?"
"No, just the color. Ive been green for too long."