Girly.

The next day Jade woke up but Spo was a little behind on his routine, when she opened her door she noticed that he was still asleep.
"Dad?" She asked nudging him. "Wake up, its 8:30."
"Huh?" He woke up a little startled. "What's going on?"
"You're behind your routine, right about now you'd be doing your morning run."
"I blame Jet Lag."
Jade giggled and opened the food table to make a smoothie, "Hang on, I know just what you need." She said taking out the blender and placing Spinach, peanut butter and a banana in it. She poured in some almond milk and blended away until it was ready.
"One Hulk smoothie coming up."
"Oooh, yes please." He sat up and took a sip from the cup she had given him. "Thank you Jade. You're the best daughter in the world."
"I know." She said sarcastically, pushing a button to make the table disappear into the wall.
"You know the sarcasm and tomboyishness is cute and all but would it kill you to give me a valid moment with you?" He joked.
"Yes." She said staring at him in the eyes.
"And why is that?" He asked.
"Because, Ive been convinced that I am not a girl for years and if I have a father daughter moment with you it will only confirm my fears." She chuckled.
"But...you are a girl."
"You know what I mean."
"No, I dont think I do." He said narrowing his eyes in fake suspicion to get her to talk.
"The word 'Girl' makes me think of ponies and barbies riding unicorns as they fart cupcakes."
Sportacus tried not to choke on his drink as he heard such a ridiculous description.
"What?!" He laughed out.
"I'm not that type of girl. I'm not girly." She grimaced.
"I know that but why not have a cute moment with me?"
"Because its girly."
"Sounds to me you have been taking Rotten advice from the sewer pipes." He joked describing Robbie.
"No." She said making a face.
Sportacus stood up and approached her, "Come here."
"Why?" She backed up.
"What do you think I'm going to do? Attack you?"
"I dont know. What are you going to do?" She said a little cautious.
In a split second, Spo had her in a big bear hug, "Oh, God. Please no!" She stiffened.
"Come on, give your superhero some 'girly' love." He picked her up in his arms.
"Put me down, you crazy blue clad elf!" She squealed.
"Not until you hug me back."
"Ugh, fine." She wrapped her arms around the big lug and he happily put her down. By the time Spo was finished with her, she looked like a scruffy cat that just got water poured on it.
"Now, that wasn't so bad was it?" He asked.
Jade looked up at him for a moment, gave a whine and hugged him again. "Aww. See I knew you liked it."
"You're not allowed to tell anyone."
"No, I wouldn't dare destroy your tough reputation." He chuckled.
"I'm serious."
"Okay, okay. Lets just enjoy it while it lasts."
Spo went to let go but she didn't let him, "Hey, whats wrong?"
"I just remembered...one year ago today, you and I met."
"That's true." Spo thought a moment. "Are you okay though, I know the doctor said you might have PTSD." He said stroking her hair. After hearing that she took a deep breath to keep from crying. Spo let go and met her eyes, "No, no. Hey look at me."
Jade averted her eyes from his and shut them.
"Jade. Look at me, sweetie." He said again. She looked at him with a fearful expression. "There is nothing to be afraid of, understand?" He said softly. "I'm never leaving you. You've got me for life now."
Jade nodded and dried her tears. Spo had only experienced this once with Jade. She was never really a depressed kid since she started living with him but she did have waves of sadness and anxiety at times. Jade did what she could to block it out but she always ended up like this after it was done with her. A long time ago, For weeks Jade couldn't leave Sportacus' side because of the fear in the back of her head that he was going to leave her. He had to reassure her every time that he certainly wasn't ever going to do that.
"You're okay?"
"Yeah." She said wiping her face with her sleeve.
"Good. Come here." he embraced her once more, kissing the top of her head. "I love you so much."
"I love you too."
After their long hug she started laughing, "Well, theres your hallmark moment."
"You loved it."
"Ye-no!" She pretended.
"Uh huh, tough Jade is coming back...but she loves huggles."
Jade pulled his flight cap over his head to keep him from looking at her weird.
"I'm going to the theater, silly."
"Okay, have a nice girly day." He said waving to her with his cap still over his eyes.
"See you later, goofball." She stood at the pole. "Down!" The platform lowered and she hopped off with her guitar on her back.
"Hey babe!" Stingy hugged her from behind and kissed her cheek.
"Hey there rich kid." She said kissing him back.
"What are you up to today?"
"I am going to put my new song to music and see where that gets me with writing the rest of the song."
"That's great. May I join."
"You know the rule, love."
"I know. I just wish i could see your brilliant mind at work, thats all."
"One of these days when I'm ready. I promise."
"Ill hold you to that, gorgeous."
"I wont be long, I have a writers block so I probably wont get much done."
"Take as much time as you need, we're having a new arrival in two days and I need to make the arrangements."
"Really? What's their name?"
"I don't know, Milford wont tell me. He just said to make sure she's welcome and that her house is ready."
"Its a she?" Jade asked curiously.
"Aww." He placed his hands on her hips. "Don't worry shes too old for my taste. She's about Sportacus' age."
"Oh, I see."

Alright i have a mission for you all, what hair color should Jade's natural color be? This is important for the next chapter.