52. (Part 2)

Theo's POV:

I stare down at Amaya in all her beautiful glory. Her long, brunette hair was fanned out all around her, making this an image I'd be sure to remember for a lifetime.

But as I continue to stare down at her lovingly, I soon come to the conclusion of something I'd temporarily forgotten. As her chest rises and falls out of anticipation, I remember this will be a moment Amaya will always remember as her first. The first time she'd truly put her trust in me and the first time she'd be closer to anyone than ever before.

But as we all know, I cannot possibly do this to her. Share something so intimate with her and by tomorrow completely shatter her heart? No.

I won't do this to Amaya. She deserves the world and more, but by doing this I wouldn't only be proving I'm a heartless asshole, but I'd also be ruining her idea of love for the future. I want her to be happy, even if it was without me.

When I notice Mya's eyebrows scrunch together in confusion, it becomes clear that I had been quiet for a long while, and I was beginning to look crazy.

"Is everything okay?" She questions concerned.

"Yeah. Everything's fine." I reassure her with a small smile, but the tilt of her head shows that she knows differently.

No matter the circumstances, Amaya's mouth is still upturned in a sweet smile as she looks up at me through her thick lashes. She looked absolutely angelic at this moment and I knew I'd regret my next words. But I also knew it was the right thing to do.

"I'm sorry, princess. But I just don't think I can do this." I sighed as I watched as that sugared grin was wiped from its existence.

Her face registered nothing but befuddlement as her heavenly eyes flashed pure hurt. "Oh."

"I'm sorry Mya. I'm just-"

"No. No that's okay. I understand." She hurriedly sat up in my bed as she pushed me away from her. I noticed her eyes quickly dash around the room, and I assumed she was searching for the sweater she had tossed off not too long ago. Before I could find it she did, and I watched helplessly as she shoved it over her head.

She stood up from the bed, her cheeks were flushing with a new color of red, and from knowing her so long, I knew it was from embarrassment.

I watched her hurriedly smooth out her hair and adjust her top carefully. I continue to observe all that is happening right now, with slight shock.

She sent one last look my way before averting her eyes to the ground, twisting the door knob and bolting out of my room.

I continued to stare where she had once been and was stunned. Everything had all escalated so quickly. One moment we were laying on my bed, wrapped up in a moment of love and passion, and the next she was sprinting out of my room.

What am I doing just sitting here? I need to go find her and explain myself!

I dashed out of the room as fast as I could and tried my best to hurry to her. She was halfway to her room already, but luckily she was just walking. Well, I wouldn't classify it as walking. It was more of a slow, zombie-like shuffle.

"Mya! Wait!" I shouted after her and surprisingly she halted but still kept her back turned to me.

When I finally made it to her, we were only a few steps from her door. I stood in front of her and noticed her eyes remained glued to the floor. It was almost like she was stuck in a daze.

"Mya?"

"Yeah?" She questioned, but her eyes remained on her feet.

"Can you please look at me?" I pleaded before grabbing ahold of her hands.