27.

"No! We are not listening to Kidz Bop!" I yelled.

"Why not? There's just so many good tunes." He looked away from the road for a split second over to me with a humored smile on his face.

"I know you're just messing with me. I can tell by the stupid smile on your face." I crossed my arms and looked straight ahead so I couldn't see him.

"So you want track number four...Call Me Maybe!!" He plugged his aux cord in and the kid-version of the song came on.

"The beginning is almost over. Sing with me, Amaya!" He shouted over the music.

I continued to stare out the windshield pretending his efforts weren't fazing me. My nose stayed raised like singing along with Theo was below me.

"Fine. Be that way. I'll just sing this great American song all by myself."

"I threw a wish in the well
Don't ask me I'll never tell
I looked at you as it fell
And now you're in my way." He paused and sent a flirty look my way.

I rolled my eyes in reply and turned to the side window.

"I trade my soul for a wish
Pennies and dimes for a kiss
I wasn't looking for this
But now you're in my way." He kept his falsetto voice going and I could feel his eyes on me.

I turned back to him. "Shouldn't you be watching the road?" I ask with one raised eyebrow.

He turned his eyes back to the road, but continued his God-awful girly singing voice.

"Your stare was holding
Ripped jeans
Skin was showing
Hot night
Wind was blowing
Where you think you're going baby?"

I couldn't help myself. The ridiculousness of Theo singing the awful song that consumed most of my freshman year in high school made my façade break and ended with me cracking a smile.

I heard Theo gasp and immediately pause the song. His eyes went wide and he looked like an old lady about to tell gossip to her book club.

"Like o.m.g.!! Mya still knows how to smile!!" He exclaimed while he fanned his face like a preppy girl.

"Oh shut up!" I slapped his arm before reaching over to his phone and clicking the play button on his phone.

He chuckled at my actions and started shimmying his shoulder to the beat of the song getting ready to sing the chorus of his main debut.

"Hey I just met you
And this is crazy
But here's my number
So call me maybe
It's hard to look right at you baby
But here's my number
So call me maybeeeeee!!" We sang together...well more like butchering. Our screechy voices joined together in a beautiful melody.

So you all may be wondering why on earth I would ever let Theo drive my precious Volkswagen, but let me just inform you that it wasn't my plan from the beginning.

We had just got done packing my tiny car with suitcases and creating a make-shift bed for Gracie in the backseat before we all climbed into my car.

"Louisiana here we come!!" Theo shouted beside me.

We had agreed to drive down together and it was the beginning of our first road trip. I was more nervous than anything, Theo on the other hand was excited beyond words.