Chapter 41

Everything that happened in (Y/N)'s vision was happening in real life. Dr. Janson shot once more the gun and everyone was on the floor. (Y/N) could feel Newt's arm around her waist. Clutching it tightly as if she would go away. It was because she will go away.

While Dr. Janson was cackling, everyone stood up and (Y/N) felt her hand shaking once more. Her heart was thumping out of her chest and she felt sweat on her forehead. She looked around and saw that everyone was contemplating on what they were going to do. They only have a small amount of time before the Flat Trans was going to leave.

It was already starting and there were some good pilots from the Right Arm who's ready to fly the Flat Trans.

"We have to do something," Jack said. "Someone has to shoot him."

Brenda tried to shoot him and the same was said for Thomas and Jack. "He's moving like a drunk person," Thomas growled. "I can't shoot him!"

"I can't believe not a single bullet even hit him by accident," Brenda snarled.

Dr. Janson let out an insane laugh that sent chills in (Y/N)'s spine. "You all have been a pain!" he roared. "Especially you!"

He pointed the gun at (Y/N). She felt frozen once more. Dr. Janson laughed when he saw her shaking hands. Everyone's attention were on her hands too and they were all scared for her.

"(Y/N) what's wrong?" Newt asked.

He tried to move in front of (Y/N) so that he could shield her, but then Dr. Janson now pointed the gun at Newt. He shot the gun and it just missed Newt by that much. "Next time you move, I'll shoot that other leg," he threatened him.

Dr. Janson pointed the gun once more at (Y/N), a maniacal smile formed on his face. (Y/N) felt as if she couldn't breath. She was certain that she was really scared and that it was evident on her face.

"I hate you (Y/N)!" Dr. Janson roared, startling everyone of them. "I HATE YOU!! I will let your friends head over to Paradise and get a life of their own, IF you stay here with me and Cure me."

(Y/N) opened her mouth to reply but nothing came out of her mouth.

"Well!?" Dr. Janson exclaimed.

(Y/N) saw that the gun wasn't pointed at her anymore, but it was pointed at Newt. Seeing that flared up (Y/N)'s anger. She's found her confidence and her reason to live: protecting Newt.

"Never!" (Y/N) exclaimed. "I will never Cure you!" She tried to take her gun but her hand started to shake once more.

It was as if there was a switch on Dr. Janson and he screamed. "Well then, say goodbye to your love." Then he pulled the trigger.

"NEWT!" Thomas screamed.

Everyone was too far to block Newt from the bullet- except for (Y/N). She pushed him as hard as she can so that she bullet won't hit him.

Then it was like everything was in slow motion. In the corner of her eye, she saw Newt falling on the ground with everyone's attention on him. Newt was looking at her as he hit the ground. His arms were reaching out to her and her name left his lips in an agonizing cry.

She turned her head and saw that the bullet was flying towards her.

I imagine death so much it feels more like a memory.

Is this where it gets me? On my feet, several feet ahead of me?

I see it coming. Do I run or fire my gun or let it be?

There's nothing that can help me.

Dr. Janson, one of the people that I looked up upon. The one person I imagined was my dad.

Perhaps the last face I'll see.

If I throw away my shot, is this how you remember me?

What if this bullet is my legacy?

Legacy.

What is a legacy?

It's saving people and letting them live on their lives that you'll never get to see.

WICKED, you were supposed to save the world! You sent for me!

You let me make a difference!

A place where a girl who once used to be a nobody, could leave her fingerprints.

Rise up!

I'm running out of time, I'm running out of-

Time's up!

Wise up!

Eyes up!

I catch a glimpse of the other side.

Alby creates a bonfire on the other side.

Teresa is on the other side. She's with Sonya and Rachel on the other side.

The Gladers are watching on the other side.

Teach me how to say goodbye.

Rise up!

Rise up!

Rise u-

Newt!

My love, take your time. I'll see you on the other side.

It is finished.

She closes her eyes and waits for the bullet.

"NOOOO!"

A/N: I don't regret anything! I AM SATISFIED WITH WHAT I HAVE WRITTEN!

Read

Love

Comment

Vote

Share

Follow

❤️ Once_Upon_A_Glade