Chapter 21

A/N: Some of these words and descriptive paragraphs aren't my words but James' entirely.

Also thanks for the 500+ reads!

(Y/N) couldn't believe it.

Thomas was alive, meaning that she didn't eat him. Even if she didn't, she still believes that she's a monster. A monster that WICKED created. The boys were celebrating and forgot all about (Y/N) who was sitting down and in shock.

It was then she saw Thomas running. Minho and the Gladers were running towards him too with huge smiles on their faces. Brenda and Jorge were just watching the scene that was in front of them. Minho and Newt were about to pull in Thomas for a hug , but he ran past them.

He was heading towards (Y/N).

When Thomas got to her, he picked her up and hugged her tight in one swift motion. Tears fell on his eyes while (Y/N) was still trying to process what was happening. Just about twelve hours ago, she was accused of the murder of her best friend. Now here he is, alive and well as he can be.

"Thomas?" (Y/N) said his name in a whisper.

"(Y/N)," he smiled.

Their foreheads were now touching and that was when (Y/N) started to cry. She was crying tears of joy since her best friend was alive. She didn't kill him.

"I-I thought you were dead," she told him. "I thought I killed you."

"Hey. Hey, it's alright," Thomas hugged her again. "I'm not dead. You didn't eat me."

"B-But you clothes a-and all that blood."

"It's not mine. The shirt was but the blood isn't mine," he assured her. "You didn't hurt me (Y/N). You'd never do that to me."

(Y/N) then smiled and she wanted to hug him back but her hands were still tied behind her back.

"Why are you tied up?" Thomas looked at her. "What happened?" His eyes filled with concern and a little anger. "What did they do?"

"What would you expect?" (Y/N) shrugged. "They thought I was dangerous and that I killed you. How would you react to that?"

Thomas shook his head and untied (Y/N)'s arms and legs free. The first thing that (Y/N) did was that she pulled in Thomas in a very tight hug. "Thank you. You never lost faith in me."

"Don't tell me Minho and Newt agreed to this. They must've at least been the ones who tried to stop this," Thomas said. (Y/N) couldn't speak. She couldn't tell him that they were the ones who had the idea in their minds in the first place.

"Look they were just mad. They care about you a lot Thomas," (Y/N) said.

Thomas was angry but he doesn't want to fight the Gladers. So he just laid all of his anger aside and never left (Y/N)'s side.

-

The Gladers couldn't face (Y/N) like she couldn't face them. She knows that they were all ashamed of what they've done and thought about her, especially Newt.

He was beating himself up since he lost faith in her. That he believed that (Y/N) was capable of something that horrible, that barbaric. He and Minho were sitting side by side as they watched (Y/N) and Thomas together with Jorge and Brenda.