Chapter 3

Adrien's P.O.V

This guy didn't really act like an akumatized victim. He wasn't trying to attack or go after our miraculous'. Then again I suppose Nathaniel from class wasn't very angry either, well except to Chloe but he stopped when Marinette asked him too. I glanced at Ladybug from the corner of my eye and she didn't seem to react any differently she looked focused and prepared to strike. Ignoring the comments the guy made, I saw Ladybug shoot out her yo-yo and grab him with it. I followed her lead and extended my staff and hit him with it.

"Not so fast! Were not going to let you just walk away and cause more damage." Ladybug said

"This was an easy capture but where is his akuma hiding?" I asked looking around to see where one could be on him.

"It has to be an article of clothing since that's the only thing the guy has on him."

"Don't you find it strange he hasn't mentioned anything about trapping us and taking our miraculous?"

"Probably a new plan Hawkmoth has cooked up."

White haired kid looked at them both confused. "Okay first of all, what is an puma and who is this Hawkmoth fella?" he said floating on his stomach next to them as if to relax.

I saw Ladybug tighten her grip on the yoyo string to pull the guy to the ground.

"Akuma and don't act all innocent in pretending not to know anything."

I studied the guy and he seem generally confused rather than 'evil'. Maybe he really wasn't akumatized but instead was a new miraculous holder....then again that wouldn't work either since from what Plagg told me is that they are all based off animals and bugs.

"I think he actually might be innocent. I mean sure there's the big crater that appeared out of nowhere but he isn't fighting back and he has nothing to hold an akuma. Things aren't adding up."

The white haired boy sighs and stands up. "Well it has been a real blast hanging with you guys and all, but I gotta go. Have to get home and all before my parents get mad at me. He said as he phases through the yo-yo rope that has been holding him, and continues to walk away

I looked over at the boy who was walking away with stunned silence. I wasn't really paying attention, but I was curious as to how he managed to escape Ladybugs yoyo. As far as I know, the sting is strong enough to hold anyone. I looked down to see the string was still in one piece, so how exactly did he manage to get out? I looked over and saw the same stunned look on Ladybugs face.

She picked the yo-yo back up and threw it at him again, only to have it go through him. I ran with my staff to hit him and it went through him as well. Well, I guess we have bitten off more than we can chew.

Marinette's P.O.V

I stood there in shock, no one can just break free of the yo-yo. That has only happened once before. It's a magic yo-yo that can hold anything and never break. It can extend a long as I choose. Hawkmoth must have something up his sleeve if this guy is one of his victims. Countering my yo-yo which would make Chat's cataclysm useless as well. I could possibly use my lucky charm but I don't see what good that could do. What to do? Something should come to me but in the meantime I can't just let this guy leave if he did have an akuma. I sprinted after him with Chat chasing right behind me.