Chapter 15

Adrien P.o.v.

These shadow monster things were really starting to be a pain in the butt. No matter how many times I knocked one out, another one would always come to take its place. I was starting to get tired of doing this. My body was starting to feel heavy and I had a few bruises from when they threw me against a wall and just started beating on me. There was no way I was going to be able to hold these guys off for much longer.

I managed to fight off enough of them that the majority of them started to run away. I was at the marketplace. Damn I fought pretty far. While I was walking around I heard people calling for help. I sucked up the pain and ran towards the voices.

I looked at my staff that was ringing. As worried as I was about Ladybug I didn't have time to answer, I needed to spend as much time rescuing these people.I hear a scream and out of the corner of my eye I saw Marinette's parents. They were cornered by the shadows. I jumped in front of them and started to swat the shadows away.

"Don't worry you two. I will make sure they don't get to you guys." I said kicking one into another.

I was holding them off as best as he could. There was just too many for him to handle. I tried my best but one of the shadows got by me and slashed at Marinette's parents turning them into shadows as well.

"No!" I shouted. Holding my hand out. I couldn't bring myself to hurt them so I did the only thing I could do. I ran. I ran and ran until I ended up meeting up with Ladybug and Danny.

When Ladybug and Danny arrived they notice Chat immediately. Ladybug was relieved to see me. "Chat!" Ladybug called.

"Hey, guys." I looked at Ladybug "So how did the fight with Hawkmoth go?"

"I scared him off for now but he had chose a random family to target. In this case it was the bakery owners. The Dupen-Chengs." Ladybug said. Why would Hawkmoth make them the target?

"Yeah he told Ladybug they were tied up to a bomb in their house" Danny said.

"Well they weren't tied up next to a bomb. I just saw them." I said with a sad tone. How could he face Ladybug, or Marinette having failed to save Marinette's family? He was a hero. Ladybug would hate him for not protecting them and Marinette would hate me because I didn't do my job.

"Where are they now?" She asked almost demandingly.

"Um...they were turned into those demon shadowy things." he said hanging his head. "I tried to save them, but there were to many."

Ladybug put her hand on my shoulder. She could tell how disappointed in myself I was. " I'm sorry we weren't here to help. I'm positive you did everything in your power to help."

I looked into her gentle eyes and gave a weak smile. "So what's the plan?"

"We retreat for now. Let's go to the school and collect our thoughts and come up with a counter attack. I have some friends that can help." Danny then looked at Ladybug. "We will save everyone." he said it putting emphasis on 'everyone. Why? I didn't know.