“Abigail could you inform the teachers that we had to leave early,” I asked she turned around and nodded.
“Sure, I already have the paper work filled out, you’re free to go and get some rest, and you’ll probably be in some pain when you wake up, but you can take an ibuprofen when you wake up,” Gabriel was nodding as she spoke instruction, I would have rolled my eyes at them, but my right eyes was now officially out of commission. My dad would probably think I got into a fight, but that seemed more manly than telling him that Gabriel hit me with a baseball bat.

(Gabriel POV)
 I trudged downstairs and into the kitchen looking for ice. I still can’t believe I hit her with the bat. I actually thought I had killed her, she won’t admit it but when she had dropped like a sack of potatoes’ she had passed out for a brief second. I had to shake her and slap her a few times before she came too, when she did her eyes were watering and she was groaning in pain. Her eyebrow was split and there was blood running down her face.

“Hello Gabriel,’ I jumped and turned around quickly while my heart pounded in my chest.
“Hi Mr. Davis you scared me,” he laughed a little and sat down at the table.
“I’m sorry about that, I see you and Ash are ditching again,” he said with a frown, I blushed when he said again. I’m guessing he knows she doesn’t stay in school often.

“No, she has a busted eye and the nurse sent her home,” His frown seemed to deepen at the mention of a busted eye.

“She was fighting again,” I shook my head quickly and smiled nervously. Mr. Davis was a very intimidating guy especially in his suit, Ash looked just like him except she didn’t have his sharp jaw line but other than that she had the same pitch black hair and the amazing blue eyes.

“No, no nothing like that,” he stared at me waiting for me to explain, I sighed and pulled the ice pack out the freezer.

“I kind of hit her with the baseball bat at Gym,” I mumbled with my shoulders hunched his gaze hardened.

“So you like to abuse my child,” I blushed and shook my head no.

“No,” he was still staring at me,
“So you’re using her for her money,” I blushed again and shook my head as I began to explain.

“She was trying to teach me how to hit the ball, I kind of let go of the bat while I was swinging she tried to duck but she didn’t make it in time, and I wouldn’t use her for money I love her” My face flushed more at my last statement, he laughed loudly, I watched him confused as his deep laughter filled the kitchen.
“I was only joking, I know exactly what goes on in my child life and I have to say my daughter is a lucky girl to have someone like you, she changed a lot since she met you all of them were positive except for the fact that she took my plane, but she’s a good kid try not to hurt her, I don’t know what happen to her for the past month and nor am I going to pry and find out, but whatever it was made her a little stronger and over the pass two weeks she seems happier and more excited about everything even her punishment,” I laughed at the punishment part as he continued.
“I don’t know what you’re doing, but keep doing it,” I nodded with a smile I had no clue what I was doing either.
“Thank you I think,” he chuckled and nodded, I took my icepack and ran back upstairs where Ash was moaning and groaning about pain and the light.
“Gabs cut the light out,” she moaned, I rolled my eyes at her and flipped the switch, I’m thinking that Ash is actually a little wimp. I walked over to her bed and sat down, staring at the lump on her eye, I think it got worse and she keeps complaining about a headache. I actually didn’t want her to go to sleep just in case she had a concussion.

“You want to go to the hospital,” I asked worried she groaned in response

“No, I don’t know, can you get my dad please,” she asked while holding her head, I placed the ice pack on her eye before running down stairs quickly.
“Mr. Davis,” I called out hoping he was still in the kitchen this house was too big to go look for someone in it.