Chapter 2 : Partners (edited)

Start from the beginning

The final bell rang and Mrs. Navez turned around with a big smile on her face. " Good morning class today we will be starting a project on a lab activity and you and a partner that I have assigned will be putting up a poster or power point based on the lab and you will also provide a report individually" she explained of course that earned some complaints among the students.

We started copying the agenda into our notebooks when Alex came in looking the same as usual with his grey skinny jeans and a white t-shirt with a black hoodie. He sat at the end of the classroom all the way in the back.

“Alright class now for partners Stacy and Liam" Mrs. Navez says. Zach turns around and begins to sing “Stacy’s mom has got it going on, Stacy's mom has got it going on". I laugh every time they mention Stacy's name we burst out laughing thinking of the song Stacy's Mom by the Fountains of Wayne.

“Rein and Omny, Lis and Quinn, Zach and Daisy, and ...... Alex and Miriam" Mrs. Navez finishes. I face Zach with wide eyes. “Am you’re going to be alright think of him if this as getting used to having him around" Zach says trying to calm me down.

“Easier for you to say. Zach I already have to tutor him do you have any idea how hard it's going to be for me?" I asked sounding annoyed. He sighed “Well I have daisy to work with".

I groaned and looked at Alex to see if he was going to be the one moving but he wasn't. I gathered up my stuff and headed towards the back.

I took a glance of Alex who seemed to be entertained by the ceiling. “Well as much as the ceiling is entertaining you we do have a project to work on and I would really want a good grade" I commented looking through the rubric Mrs. Naves had given us.

He turned to look at me and then gave me a confused look. “What are you doing here?" he snapped. I rolled my eyes and said “Well clearly you weren't paying attention but we are unfortunately partnered up for this project so that's why I am back here".

“Oh" was all he said before gazing back at the ceiling. I waited for him to start help me do the work but who am I kidding this is Alex we are talking about. I opened my book and started taking notes for the project.

“So how did the partnering up thing go" Zach asked as he munch in an apple. We were currently in the cafeteria that was full of all random people. “It went fantastic he actually helped me" I said sarcastically. “That bad huh" Zach muttered. “Yes but don't worry we will work on this project together somehow I hope" I assure him.

“Good " he says. The bell rings to head to class and Zach and I grab our trays and empty them out and head to class. I have Zach for the first 4 classes. Sadly I don't have any more with him which sucks.

“Alright Am text me later bye" Zach said giving me a hug before going to his class. Right now I had music class which is my favorite class since I'm a total freak about music. I love that class our teacher Mr. Dwayne he was our music teacher and he lets us play any instrument we want and stuff it's freakin awesome. I play the guitar, piano, violin, drums, and cello.

I made my way to my usual spot which is in the back of classroom. When it comes to my music it's just me and my instrument which is mostly my guitar. I grab the guitar from the room and made myself back.