Chapter Nine-Louie's Promise

• Dedicated to To All My Fans and Silent Readers

Hmmm….uhh...*Looks around the room* I like bipolar penguins…? ~ (^_^)~

So anyway…on with the story à (>^_^)>

Last Chapter-

He looks at another screen and sees the red headed and the other two Subjects being drop on the opposite sides of the wall, but sure enough they would met in the maze. All of the Subjects know that this is the fight till death, and only one will survive…

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *

I crouch on the ground, stopping to listening for any sound of any creatures near. I don’t understand why the Crazies wouldn’t let Josh be with me this time. I rub the back of my head, wincing when I touch the little bump on my head. The big hairy butthead hit me in the back of the head when I tried to go back in Josh’s arms...uhh mmm … just for a goodbye hug, not else but that. I walk slowly, proud that I didn’t make a sound as I move. If my father could see me right now…he’ll be jealous… I hope he can, one of these days when I get back, when I figure out how to escape this place.  “Kane! SHUT UP!! You are going to attract the freaks.” A soft female voice, echo through the hallway, snapping me out of my thoughts. I turn my head towards what seems the source of the voice. And I might have gotten a whiplash as I did that; I rub my neck as I walk in caution towards the voice. After turning in the hallways, I manage to walk behind them to get a decent look at the source of the voice, but there were two crouching figures. Both seem human enough. They didn’t have anything growing from their backs or have scaly skin.

 I took a deep breath and gather all the little courage that I have and talked. “Mmm….Hello?” both of them jump in the air of fright and once they got their wits together, they turn around and hissed at me. “What are you and what do you want with us.” growled the female. She was about 14 or 15, blue eyes, light brown hair and a lanky body. The boy was the same as her but he was bulky and tall. “I…uhh…I am in the maze too?” the girl’s blue eyes filled with suspension. The boy grunted towards me and the girl thought for a minute. “Your right Kane…the more people we have the better chance we can survive the test. Come on now.”  She nodded towards me and then started to walk on. I didn’t move, the boy grunted at me, and made a signal to go on. I just nodded and walk beside him, not trusting the girl. “So…my name is Lexia. Well more like nickname… because my name is long. What’s your nickname?” I whisper at him, trying to break the tension. The boy just stared at me and look ahead, where his sister was leading. I let the silence carry for less than two minutes before speaking. “Tinkle Tinkle little star How I wonder Where You are Up and Up in world so high like a diamond in the sky. Tinkle Tinkle little Star how wonder where you are…rock ah my baby don’t you cry mamas gona buy you a Lollipop and if that Lollipop is too sour, Mamas gona buy you a….”

“WOULD YOU BLOODLY SHUT UP!? SEE IN TOLD YOU STAY QUIET KANE!! AND NOW LOOK! WE ARE STUCK WITH A BLODDY FREAK!” the girl screamed at me and Kane, stopping where she was standing. I smile at her crimson frustrated face. I cross my arms on my chest and raise my eyebrow at her. “What? A bored girl can’t sing? And plus I am not…OH HELL!! RUN!!!” I turn around to go the other way because I saw another group of lizard people. But before I could take a step I bump into a toned hard chest. I rub my redden nose as I glare at Kane. “Hey! That hurt!” my voice sounded like Daffy Duck because I was holding my nose and of course I pouted at him. “Who cares! We got a problem on our hands because of YOUR TERRIBLE SINGING! Now you take the right, I’ll take the left and Kane you take the middle. Ready? GO!!” The girl and Kane ran towards the lizard-people. “I DO NOT SING TERRIBLY!!” I yell at the girl and started to run behind them. My heart was pounding faster and I started to feel a strange change forming inside of me. I jump on top of a charging lizard-people. I wrap my arms around the creature’s neck when flash of light blinded me.