Chapter Five-The Maze

So I don’t know how to put this on words but I’ll give it a try….*takes a deep breathe*

I LOVE YOU GUYS!! EVEN THOSE SILENT READERS!!  

Glad I got that off my chest. Now on with the story shall we? à

P.S This chapter might have disturbing scenes. So if you don’t like blood, please don’t read this chapter and try to sue me. YOU HAVE BEEN WARN!!

Last Chapter-

“Subject 0025 is being tested with 0015’s DNA. Start testing now.”

I felt a sharp sting on my left arm and then the fire started. I felt if someone was cutting every part of my body with a scorching bunt knife. I faintly heard Josh scream in pain…or was it me? Than a wave of peaceful darkness started to wash over me. In the background I heard a faint voice that said she was dying.

This was strange but I never thought death would be this peaceful….

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *

I felt free and weightless, floating like a butterfly…wait I hate butterflies. Never minds, floating like a feather. Yeah that’s more like it. Free as a feather. Suddenly, a wave of freezing cold air washes over my body, making me jerk up; grasping for air. And not feather like. I slowly open my eyes to find out that I was no longer in the doctor-like room but surrounded by walls. I sat up slowly, because my head was pounding and as I look around, I was shock. I could see everything I couldn’t before. Dust particles danced in the air, like a couple in a ballroom, shaking their tail feathers.  I smell the dust and …blood…Well I think it might be dried blood. I heard new things too, like silence…dead silence. Well until I heard a booming voice echoing in the hallways. “Red! Where are you?” I slowly got up and weakly follow Josh’s booming voice and footsteps. As I walk, I notice that I was in a maze, and I LOVE mazes…well the mazes I can see where I am going and the walls that aren’t about 5 miles high. I saw Josh walking towards me, all pale and sweaty. He look relief when he saw me that he ran towards and began to check me if I was alright. “I am okay…Really. Just don’t talk so loud. My head is about to split open.” I gently push his hand off my forehead. Jeez I am not a child. I already got babied a lot when I was smaller.  He smile faintly and whisper. “You just have to get use to my wonderful singing voice. Now come on let’s go. Oh and also. You said your thoughts out loud again.” He grabs my hand, not letting me progress what he just said…wait! He sings? He laughed and kept leading me down the confusing pass ways. What felt like hours of walking and turning in the maze, my hair on the back of my neck started to stand up and a horrible feeling was forming in the pits of my stomach. I was about to ask Josh about it when two huge weird rat-rhinos looking things came to view.

“Shit.” Josh muttered.  He tried to go back by the way we just came in, but it was replaced by a wall. “Double shit.” He looks at the un-normal things, to see if they had heard him or move closer to them, than at me. “Do you know how to fight?” I was about to nodded my head until he spoke. “Oh right you’re Iron Man’s daughter. Of course you do. How can I be so forgetful? And I am almost never…Sorry. Back on track, now listen closely. Those things are going to charge at us and…”

“WHAT!?” Josh covers my mouth and look at the rat-rhinos. “Shut up and listen. When they charge, you are going to wait until I say jump. You’re going to jump and once you land, you are going to run okay? Good. Now shhh...” I glare at the back of his head when he turns to look at the rat-rhinos. Jeez. What a bossy, arrogant, and sexy butthead. I did not just say sexy…did I? SHiT! I stood beside him, standing in my ready-to-jump-like-a-bunny stands. Josh looks at me and shook his head, trying to hold in his laughter. What if I’m going to jump like a bunny I better have my hands hanging like a bunny. I stick out my tongue at him than look back at the rat-rhinos before he saw me. The rat-rhino had a rat’s body yet I knew from far distance, it had a rhino’s skin. Beside the big sharp rat teeth, it had a three foot long, very pointy horn on its ugly head. Jeez, who made those ugly things? I might have said that out loud because they look at us and began to charge at us. “Way to go Red.” Josh whisper under his head. Ooo this boy is testing me. And like my friend Bruce Banner always says, “You wouldn’t want to see me angry.” I turn to see the rat-rhinos, which were half a mile away. My muscle tensed wanting to run but I don’t, since Josh said to wait. Once the rat-rhinos were two feet away, Josh finally said jump. My muscles moved on its own and I jump about 20 meters high. WOW! I believe I can fly but I got…OWWW!! Josh whacks me on the head as he passes by me, landing on the ground.  I landed on my feet just like cat and started to run besides Josh. After running for a while, Josh slowed down. “Good job Red. Now this is maze. The Crazies put other non-human thing here to test us. They don’t care if we die or not. So if you see a strange thing either you run or fight. If you fight, you fight till the death because those mutts won’t stop till you’re dead. Okay?” I nodded my head and walk towards him and smack across the head. “OWWW!! WHAT THE B LOODY HELL?!” I smirk at him before answering. “Don’t tell me to shut up British person. Oh and also don’t interrupt me when I’m sing.” I began to walking forward and heard Josh saying that I was some crazy girl and he’s not British. I smile sly and kept walking.