¤ 1.0.6.5 ¤

¤ ¤ ¤

¤ ¤ ¤

"You're awfully quiet tonight, Killian," I looked at him over my shoulder with a smile, and found myself immediately consumed by his right blue eye that glared through the darkened forest.

"I've ran out of questions," Killian said nonchalantly while still maintaining his scorching gaze on my back, which was most specifically focused on my legs.

I knew something was going on in his mind. He had something in his head that he was refusing to tell me, and he chose to deal with it on his own instead.

His posture was tall and unyielding as he followed close behind me. He didn't need my help to keep him steady anymore, carrying himself with stability as his body began to return to its healthier shape.

I had stopped giving him sedatives.

We were heading over to the northern border where the lake was located. After Alpha Eli's pack took their departure at the end of the Exchange, Heath had made sure that it was cleared by the pass of midnight, and I was hoping that it could help Killian retrace his memories.

I was on my last straw with Killian; no analysis, no research, and no test could lead me to an adequate answer to what he was.

I was running out of time, and I was starting to lose options and ideas in putting light to his past.

As soon as we reached the side of the lake, Killian came to a halt and frowned as he took in the scenery before him.

"Are you okay?" I asked him, and he looked down at me in confusion.

Killian's jaw locked tight, fingers curling into his palm as he let his thoughts consume him for a moment.

"I'm fine," he told me. "Why are we here?"

We stopped at the edge of the dock, sitting down and looking at him over my shoulder, I urged him to sit next to me by landing a soft pat on the empty space beside me.

While he looked like he was inwardly debating with himself, he slowly took his place beside me.

"Do you know this place?" I asked Killian, and searched his features to find some sort of reaction.

"It hurts to try and remember, but it's familiar," he said, but I wasn't really sure what he meant by hurt.

"Go ahead," I smiled at him while he kept his attention down at the water.

He raised his head to look at me questioningly, and I let out a soft laugh as I watched his sharp features regard me with an innocent curiosity. "You can swim, if you want. I asked Heath for some extra clothes anyway."

"Just don't go too far, Killian," I said.

A smile reached its way onto his lips, and the sight alone drew me closer to an attachment I didn't want to acknowledge.