Chapter 15

Whoooaa...look at that. Another dedication to the author of "Dark Blood" Just so you know...she doesn't know I'm doing this...we've barely talked to each other...but it's a great book!!! XD

                An arm under my mid back, a hand holding me under my upper arm, my knees bent on the crook of the arm of somebody. I felt so relaxed, yet not. I was scared. Where am I? I smell of water and small amounts of air stung at my nostrils. The sounds started to increase, my body felt stiff and shaky. My hands felt itchy like they needed to be rubbed warm. Every bone vibrated with pain. I needed air. I breathed in, air became suffocating warmth. I opened my eyes. Water immediately fell from them. Sun blinded me.

                I cried silently then I closed my eyes. I tried breathing, instead I choked. I needed air! I kicked about and started to claw at whatever was around. I was desperate and confused. My nails dug into cloth, and then one arm fell. I was squeezed closer to the body carrying me. Then I was on a soft cloth material. A hand lay on my neck and another on my cheek. It pulled me upright, and started to hit me on the back. Coughing came next, then better hearing, before it had been a tad numb. My eyes opened and I saw I was in my living room. East held my shoulder and his other hand patted my back.

                I coughed out water onto my legs and the couch beneath. I took in deep breaths and then let myself fall back. “What, what happened?” I coughed then looked at East now standing next to me, arms crossed. Michael was beside him holding a machete in his loose hand down his side. His face looked upset. My hair was soaked along with everything else on me. I started to shake.

                “You drowned…or choked or whatever. How’d it happen?” East asked casually.

                “Sk-Ske-skeleton-n-n in the…”

                East looked at Michael. I may have been out of it, but I knew that this wasn’t a confused stare. East looked like a cautious teenager. He inhaled then let out a giant exhale. Michael looked down to the floor with an angry face.

                “What?” I croaked.

                “A skeleton? Any idea of where it came from?”

                I thought for a second but of course I knew. “A death, when I was little. A relative drowned, I guess they never got the body back.” I let out a slight cough.

                “I’d hate to ask but, were you wearing your cell phone when you went under?” East gave me a knowing smug look and pursed his lips together. “Sydia?”

                I reached into my pocket and pulled out my cell phone. I pressed the unlock button but nothing happened. I busted my cool cell phone. Everything I needed was on there. I threw it beside me and let out a mean sigh. East laughed then went to the kitchen. I saw Michael glaring at me.

                “What?”

                “You’re so useless! We had to save you!”

                “Oh I’m so sorry. Maybe you would’ve liked to have gone down there?!”

                “…It’s toxic for us.”

                “So how’d you carry me in?”

                “Um, I put on some gloves and as long as you don’t touch my skin, while wet with that stuff, I’m ok.” East yelled to me. I’m sure he was looking in our fridge for something to eat. Which was a little confusing because I didn’t think vampires could eat. Then again, East ate the first day at school so, I’m guessing they can digest anything. I started to shiver to the max, my teeth were chattering even when I clenched my jaw. Michael looked at me then around like he didn’t know how to help me. East let out a “Tch” sound, came around to see me, then turned toward the stairs, and in what seemed a fast forward flash was gone, then back again. Only a slight trail of color from his clothes were left for me to see, like “The Flash”. Only it looked like he was walking in fast mode but his hair and everything else were moving like he was running.