Chapter 8

East didn’t say anything. Only gave me that same smirk like he was in control and drove me home. I made it, just in time for me to change into something totally comfy. I occupied the same back cushion but this time, I had to hold onto my shoe. I practically forgot about it after I ran up to East the way I did. I’m now starting to regret how open I was with him. I looked like a moron I’m sure. But, being somewhat honest in the past week or few days has been pure heaven.

                My family marched in all wet with snow and started to flake off the remaining ice on their shoes onto the floor. It was about 1 when they all arrived. I had gotten back around 12:50. East drove really fast; I thought we were gonna die. Before sitting down to an all out McDonalds lunch on the table, I skipped upstairs and plopped on my bed. I was totally exhausted. Both from nerves and from physical exercise or strain. You’d be surprised how painful it can be to undress really fast and then dress into something else. With ease, I pulled my hair out of its bow and started to comb it down and straight. It reached all the way to my waist now. I put it in a hairclip and pinned up remaining groups of hair then went down and joined my family at the dinner table.

                I asked all of them what they were going to be doing later and what they’d done. I was right about one thing. Madison was out with some friends from her class. Apparently they were going to study some paintings at a museum but then Madison ran into mom and dad on the street and split ways. They brought home some McDonalds because they wanted to keep me company. Normally I wouldn’t need their pampering because whenever they were gone, it’d be me and Santa always hanging out with each other. We never got tired of each other, bored or anything. I spent the rest of the early afternoon watching TV downstairs and played with my DS. After losing more than once, I finally plopped the game next to me and paid more attention to the TV.

                My mind started to wander. Vampires. They exist? I guess he was pretty nice to me, telling me he was a vampire instead of me finding out while he was drinking my blood or somebody else’s. My stomach would still be flopping if I had caught him with an unconscious girl in the classroom, sucking on her neck. Don’t think I still wasn’t pissed about him pinning me down on a desk. I was plenty angry about that. But even though I didn’t think about him being a vampire, I was right about something else. He wasn’t a lowly serial killer, but he was a serial killer, except with a means to survive. But, why not just go to a blood bank and steal some packets? That’s what the Joker did in the Batman verses Dracula movie. I guess things aren’t that simple? But I don’t know just yet. And it’s not a question I’m all too eager to ask. Not that it matters.

                It was 6, and it was time to start preparing dinner. We were going to have spaghetti, bread, and pie. I hated cooking, but some recipes as simple as Spaghetti were welcome. I made the sauce and bread, Madison loved making the pie, and Mom prepared the noodles and dips for the bread, she also helped Madison.

                I peeked outside and saw how dark it was getting. I’m glad we didn’t have any animals to feed because if I would have to go out now, I’d be spooked. I remember Kerry wanted to give away some puppies a few months ago and she offered my family one. My parents turned her down nicely. I turned her down as a friend would. That train of thought made me remember something. Oh, crap. Screw the funky fates. I forgot to get my books from Kerry. I bet she’s been wondering where I was. I have to call her, now.

                I was walking to my room to get my cell and speak in private when the doorbell rung. My mom instructed me to answer, so with a sigh, I hung my head back and dragged my feet to the door. I opened it and a few inches in front of me, East stood with his head held high, his hand clutching a strap resting on his shoulder and his other hand just hanging freely. I was a bit speechless. I didn’t want my family to know about him. It’d be too weird. In as low a voice as I could make, but high enough so he could hear me, I started conversation with a question.