"Oh, speaking of dates how was that date with the guy from the bookstore?"

Regina rolled her eyes and let out a sigh.

"Terrible, that's what I get for letting a guy pick me up at the bookstore."

"Aww I'm sorry sweetie, do you want me to slash his tires?" Verity asked as she ran her fingers through Regina's silky tresses.

"You can't do that now, you're married and have a child, and I will not have Dimitri coming for me when you end up in jail."

"That happened one time and you hold it against me for the rest of my life." Verity huffed. "You had to admit that idiot had it coming, I told him not to hurt you." She said in her defense.

"I didn't say there was anything wrong with it but you have to think about your family." Regina said with a laugh as she remembered the night Verity came to her house after she had broken up with her ex dressed in all black grinning ear to ear and out of breath.

"I slashed those bad boys up and ran like hell to you."

"That's when I knew we would be BFFFFF's" Regina said with a laugh.

"Man we were so young back then, where did the time go." Verity said shaking her head.

"Does your husband know how crazy you are?"

"Of course he does." Verity said sweetly.

"I don't think so; I hope that man never leaves you." Regina said she could only imagine the hell that Verity would unleash.

"He better not if he knows what's good for him, have fun with papa Washington tonight." Verity said before she kissed Regina's cheek and left.

Regina took her legal pad full of Mia's notes and went home to get ready for the dinner with her dad. As she frosted the German chocolate cake her father loved so much she couldn't help but think about how much their relationship had grown. After Verity connected with her biological mother's family and mended her relationship with her mother it encouraged to work on her relationship with her father.

Regina was raised by her father and was a certified army brat, Darrell ran his house like he ran his naval ship, and everything had to be up to par and not a single hair out of place. Regina resented her father for the way she grew up always moving and it seemed like she could never do anything right. It wasn't until she was older that she realized that her father was only doing the best he could, after her mother walked out on them. He could only do what he thought was best for his daughter even if she didn't agree.

Regina let herself in to the house she had called her home from the time she was fourteen until she moved out after college.

"Hey dad I'm here." Regina called out as she set her cake down in the dining room. Darrell trotted down the stairs with a smile on his face.

"I was beginning to think you were going to stand me up." Darrell said as he embraced his daughter.

"Sorry I'm late my last consult ran a little late."

"Did you bring my cake?" he asked as they walked into the kitchen.

"Of course,"

"Then all is forgiven."

As they set the table Regina told her father all about her consult with Mia and Darrell loved the way his daughter's face lit up whenever she talked about a wedding she was planning. Darrell couldn't understand at first what was so special about planning weddings for a living. He had thought that sending her to a school with a top MBA program that she would work on Wall Street as a stock broker not as a secretary for a wedding planner and he didn't let an opportunity pass without mentioning how he felt about his daughter's decision.