Epilogue

"So now we have to order blood in by the gallon..." Rylan sighed, sifting through the gigantic stack of paperwork back at Blagmoor Castle. They'd arrived back a few weeks ago, only to find that their workload had piled up over the days they'd been at Stonewall. "That doesn't look dodgy in the slightest..."

The Alpha Assassin sitting in his office laughed. "It'll be fine. Some of it can be passed off as Hunter's, and I'm sure you'll think up an excuse for the rest."

"Glad to hear you're laying all the work on me."

"Where even are they?" Arrow asked, wandering over to the window, soon finding the couple in the grounds below.

They were in the graveyard a little way away from the castle, staring at the new gravestone that'd been placed only a few days ago.

Constance Garraway.

"It could've been a boy for all we know." Finn mumbled, squeezing his mate's hand as they stood, having already placed fresh flowers against the cold marble slab.

"We'll never know." She sighed, struggling to keep the tears from pouring down her face.

"Hey, now." He crooned, pulling her into his chest. "It'll be OK..." His arms wrapped around her, the warmth from his body seeping through her thick black coat, chasing away the cold feeling creeping through her bones until she was left with an oddly complete sensation. The strange ache in her heart was pushed to the back of her thoughts, her mind being too busy comprehending the odd situation she was in.

Somehow her mate had accepted her, despite her past.

The thought brought a wide smile to her face and tears to her eyes. They'd been right all along. All she'd needed to do was wait.

"Shhh." Hands rubbed her back. "It's alright."

"I know."

"So why are you crying?" Intent grey eyes stared down at her.

"You idiot..." She grinned despite the tears pouring down her face. "I'm crying this time because I'm happy..."

A small smile pulled at his lips, but it didn't last long. "I'm sorry... for everything..."

"Stop apologising already." Genesis sighed, grabbing Finn by the back of his neck, yanking his head into her chest, ignoring the set of green eyes watching them curiously from the gate of the small fenced off section of the grounds of Blagmoor Castle.

"I'm jealous..." Blaze muttered, staring at the couple.

One tawny beige hand wacked the back of his head gently. "Not the time or the place to think about cup sizes, Blaze." Juniper sighed, walking into the graveyard alongside her own mate, Black, carrying two sets of flowers.

"I swear..." Rylan shook his head, watching the group from his office window. "I can't wait until that idiot finds his mate."

"Who do you reckon will be next?" Arrow turned to him.

"Twenty quid on Blu." Rylan smiled. "He's out on a mission right now."

"Twenty on Dusk." The assassin said, grinning wickedly as he stared out of the window.

"My bet is on Blair." A set of mismatched eyes met theirs, arms folded across the newcomer's chest.

"Knight... You're back!" Rylan went and hugged the man. "About damn time!"

"Well, put me down on Hunter. He's away too right now." Blaze's partner in crime stood in the doorway, smirking as he welcomed back the other Alpha with a bone-crushing hug.

The sound of a phone ringing interrupted their fun, though, before Blaine could even think about arranging a party for the Alpha who'd been away on a mission for months. Rylan put the call on loudspeaker, the other Alpha's voice crackling across the room, forming words that made one of the Alphas in the room hold out his hand and smirk as they all rustled through their wallets.

"Pay up."

-----

ILLENIS HERE

Third book finished. Yay!

Only ten more to go... and then another thirteen on top of that.

-----

There may be a bit of delay with the fourth book, since some of my other stories, as well as the editing of these three books are taking priority.