Hasty Decisions

A hand appeared out of nowhere, clamping down on her own, ripping the knife out of her grasp before it could even prick her skin, like it had last time. That was only to be expected, though. The white-haired woman holding her arm was far stronger than Sister Elizabeth. She was, after all, a Goddess. Red eyes bore into her own, the intensity of her stare making her shudder. Pain radiated from her hip as the Moon Goddess continued to grip her arm with enough force to make Genesis realise she'd have a bruise there tomorrow. "Lunaria..." She breathed, blinking when the Goddess's fist slammed into her gut without any hesitation, stealing her consciousness from her.

One arm wrapped around her waist, keeping her bottom half upright as red eyes narrowed on the pink flames eating away at the hip of the Genesis's jeans, revealing the dark pink marking one her hip, the intricate swirls forming a crest that the Goddess recognised far too well.

"What are you doing here?!" Red eyes stared into the matching set, horror written across Alpha Thorn's face.

"Nice to see you too, Thorny-kins." Lunaria grinned, and Thorn knew what was coming before it hit him. Literally. The Moon Goddess scowled, staring down at the knee buried in the Alpha's stomach. "You were supposed to block that..."

"Love you too..." He mumbled, collapsing to the ground in the next second.

The focus wasn't on the pair, though. No. The Alphas were far too well accustomed to what those two did every time they saw each other. Instead, their focus was on the unconscious figure who'd fallen to the grassy floor with a loud thump.

Juniper's mate, Black, was the first to speak. "Are you happy, Finn?" He asked, staring at the girl sprawled on the ground in front of them. "Your mate just tried to kill herself because you didn't want to have anything to do with her..."

"She killed my parents!"

"Your parents were already dead." Lunaria folded her arms, her red eyes boring into his grey ones with an intensity that made the Alpha shudder. "Shot by an intruder. The only thing your mate did was drain their blood." The Moon Goddess shrugged. "It doesn't escape the fact that she still killed a load of people... but at the very least it removes a personal element from the equation."

"She's still a murderer..."

"Why can't you understand...?" She muttered. "She had no control that day. She had no desire to kill an entire city..."

"That doesn't change anything!" Finn yelled. "She still killed people!"

"Would you still call a person who killed someone in self-defence a murderer...?" Lunaria countered. "Would you punish them?"

"No, because the circumstances are completely different." Finn mirrored her stance. "The events are completely beyond their control. They didn't set out with the intention of killing someone!"

"And that's exactly what I'm trying to get at!" White hair glowed, red eyes burning in annoyance. "She didn't go out with the intention of killing anyone! The events were beyond her control!"

"All Gifts can be controlled!"

"Argh!" She growled. "You're an insufferable brat!"

"And?!"

"I suppose there's only one way to make you understand..."

"Why are you so fussed about her anyway?" Finn scowled, glancing down at Genesis's unconscious form splayed out on the ground. "She's just another werewolf at the end of the day. She's not connected to you in any way, so why the hell are you giving me a hard time about this?! Surely there are abusive mates out there that you could be giving an earful instead!"

"She's the Commander of the Knights of the Apocalypse, idiot!" White swirls of mist rose from the Goddess, her hair blown up off her shoulders as she stared him down. "The strongest of his Knights... which means that she could raze half of the world off the map if she wanted to, and what's the best way to prevent that, I wonder..."

"Lock her up somewhere."

"Everyone deserves some sort of happiness..." Lunaria sighed. "Besides, she has his protection, which means the Gods and Goddesses can't touch her unless we want to see an old friend of ours... He made sure of that ever since the first time-"

A hand clamped down over her mouth. "Be careful what you say, Lunaria."

"Iliya..." She spun, staring into his grey eyes, one of which had a clock face drawn in the iris. "Sorry..."

"Besides, that's not fully correct." The guy called Iliya spoke. "Gods and Goddesses can't touch her with malevolent intent... Can't you sense it on her?"

Lunaria's shoulders sunk. "She's been marked."

"Not just by any God, though... him..." He sighed. "Now, are we going to go back? We're not supposed to meddle too much..."

"No, I need to sort that idiot of an Alpha out." She scowled, folding her arms. "A certain idiotic God should be doing this instead of me, because it's him who got them into this mess... but seeing as he's busy at the moment, I'll have to improvise."

"Let them fall in love naturally." Iliya grumbled. "The bond will bring them together."

"She just tried to kill herself, you idiot!" Lunaria scowled. "If I leave this in the hands of that idiotic Alpha over there," she pointed at Finn, "then this is going to turn into some sort of tragic love story!"

"What can you do?" Finn asked, wrapping his arms around himself. "She destroyed the city I grew up in... So no matter what you do, some small part of me will always hold her accountable for that!"

Dainty milky white fingers met his forehead, an odd light glowing from the Goddess's hand as Finn was forced to his knees. "I guess I have no choice..." Lunaria ran a hand through her white hair. "I'll give you the ability Vampyris."

-----