Chapter Two: Red-Haired Demon Flash

"Why are we doing this again...?" Blaze grumbled, his ear length blonde hair whipping about in the wind which seemed to enjoy battering them about as they raced across the flat plains. "The Alpha Trials are coming up soon... Shouldn't we be preparing for them instead?"

"Blythe said this'd be good team training." The infamous Alpha Prince shouted over the wailing wind. "And that's supposed to be a big part of the Trials..."

"We might as well just roll with it." Hunter, the brunette Alpha-in-training, said, cycling past the exhausted blonde, taking his place at the front of the smaller team they'd broken off into. "There's no arguing with that man—even Arrow can't, and he's probably the closest to him."

"Besides, it's a good way for us to show our skills to the public." The red-eyed blonde spoke, smiling faintly as he stared at the road ahead, taking note of the sign informing them that they were in the last twenty kilometres.

"I suppose..." Blaze shrugged. "It all depends on whether someone catches up to us or not..."

Hunter glanced back at the other blonde. "Is there anyone behind us, Thorn?"

"N—Wait..." Red eyes narrowed on the six approaching figures in the distance. "Seems like the other two have caught up... along with that group of women competing..." He said, watching as slowly, but surely, two other Alphas-in-training joined the line with the rest of Genesis's supposed teammates in tow.

"Ladies." Blaze nodded at them, peering back at the other two of his companions who'd joined the lead pack. "Couldn't keep them back, huh?"

"Shut up." Purple eyes glared pointedly at him. "They aren't too terrible... They're just horribly obsessed with winning."

"We're tired too, idiot." The third blonde scowled. "Don't forget that massive hill we just pulled you up."

"Meh. Anyone could've done that." Blaze smirked.

"Blaze, I don't care if you're my best friend..." The brunette hissed. "After we get off these bikes, I will hit you."

"Hit me?" He grinned. "You're such a girl, Blaine."

A loud snap cut their conversation, all eyes falling on the lead woman's pedal which was now in two pieces. Curses filled the air, the sound of painful grunts and bikes slamming into the ground making the trainee Alphas wince as they glanced back at the pile up.

Their luck had run out.

"That didn't sound fun..." Thorn mumbled.

"No kidding."

"Guess it won't be much of a competition after all." Blaze sighed, blinking as the sound of voices reached him, eyes swivelling to lock on the source of the commotion behind him.

"Out of the way, git."

"Move."

"Make me!"

Heads bashed together, helmets clashing as two more riders came into view over the small hill. Spade grinned, eyes darting forward, having caught sight of the lead pack no more than twenty metres ahead of them.

"I'll make you stare at my back this time."

Genesis snorted. "Good luck with that."

"You're going down this time around!"

"You say that every time."

"Umm..." Blaine blinked, watching as the two passed him on the outside. "Thorn! Rylan!"

"Looks like we'd better start getting serious..." The Alpha Prince trailed off, glancing at the red-eyed blonde behind him. "Thorn, let's go."

"We won't let them reach you." Blaze said, grinning as he moved to block their path. "Go."