Libertium

Rogues were different to what Genesis had expected.

They weren't mindless savages, like most people hinted at. They were, in fact, the same as any other werewolf, aside from the fact they lived by their own rules.

She'd been living in the cabin for a few weeks, and it'd been nothing but warm smiles and greetings.

Though the Rogue Queen was probably part of the reason for that.

She'd introduced her personally, after all.

"Oy! Genesis!" Juliette, one of her new comrades, shouted. "We've got your first mission."

She sat up. "Really?"

"Yep." She grinned. "It's a masked carnival tonight, no we're going to slip in and grab some supplies from Stonewall."

"Isn't that a bit risky?!"

"Relax, I'm not a well-known member of Libertium, and neither are you." Juliette shrugged. "Liberty's ordered us to go, so we have to..."

"Let me just go and put some contacts in, then." Genesis said, hurrying off to her bathroom, and when she returned, her eyes were a pale shade of blue.

"You ready?"

"As I'll ever be." She said, taking the mask Juliette was holding out to her. "Let's do this."

"I can see why Liberty likes you." The older girl grinned, leading her out into the Dark Woods and on towards the city of Stonewall.

***

Noise.

That was the biggest thing that continued to hit Genesis as she followed Juliette through the carnival. The sheer amount of it was appalling. It made her want to clap her hands over her ears, but instead, she refrained from doing so.

It would only draw attention to her.

And attention was the last thing she needed at that moment in time.

Especially considering the conspicuous looking bag on her pack, that was filled with all the weapons they'd just purchased from that non-licensed little shop.

She was now a Rogue. Not any ordinary Rogue, though. She was a member of the scariest group of Rogues: Libertium.

All the more reason not to get caught.

Fate seemed to have different plans, though.

"Well, would you look at that?" A distinctively male voice cut through the air as they walked down a quiet street away from the hubbub of the carnival that was now in full swing. "Juliette Reynolds... What a surprise to find you and your little buddy here..." Grey eyes locked on Genesis's pale blue ones. "My apologies, I'm afraid I don't know your name..."

Juliette swore. "Of course we just had to run into the one man who'd recognise me..."

Genesis blinked. "Huh?"

"Run!"

"Where?" Genesis sighed, glancing at the four people who had boxed them in.

"Riley, stop playing with your food." Red eyes stared down at the scene from the rooftop. "I didn't come back because I wanted to help you round up the members of Libertium... I need to get some advice from that idiot over there." Alpha Thorn pointed to the purple-coated Elder on the roof opposite him.

"Fine." Elder Riley sighed, striding towards the pair, freezing when a bolt of red lightning struck at his feet.

"My, my..." Dark blue eyes locked on the red-haired figure as she landed in the middle of the commotion. "And look who's come to grace us with her presence. The Queen herself..."

"I'm flattered that you value my existence, Blythe." Liberty smirked up at the Elder on the rooftops. "But I'm afraid I've taken a liking to our latest member, so I don't particularly want you getting your hands on her before she's had the chance to blossom..."

One arm wrapped around Genesis's waist, hefting her up onto the Rogue Queen's shoulder, just as the other did the same with Juliette.

"I'll be seeing you boys around." Liberty called, her eyes glowing red as she vanished in a flash of red lightning before the Elders could do anything else.

***

"Look..." Liberty held up the sheet of off-white paper a few days later. "Your wanted poster is finally coming out..."

"And that's a good thing?"

"They've got your face completely wrong, so stop looking so worried." The Rogue Queen smirked, leading her into her little office of the gigantic cabin they were currently living in. "But the main reason I wanted to talk to you is that we're a bit short on our members right now... so I'll-"

"I'm going out on another little errand, aren't I?"

"Correct."

"Pray do tell... What horrors do you have in store for me this time?" Her shoulders sunk, her teeth nibbling at her lip out of habit.

"We've got a report that there might be a feral wolf in the nearby area..." She folded her arms. "Which is bad news for us, because it means the Elders are going to be searching for it."

"So what do you want me to do?"

"I want you to find that wolf, and encourage it to leave the area..." Liberty smiled grimly. "But while you're doing that, you'll need to throw the Elder's off the scent... and trust me, that's not something easy to do."

-----

ILLENIS HERE

Sorry for the short chapter, but this book has probably been the hardest to write so far...

Lyra and Juniper were easier characters for me to write, and I somehow managed to really get into the zone while writing those two... but with Genesis, that hasn't happened yet.

Fingers crossed that it does.

As for the lateness... I had no WiFi last week, so unfortunately I couldn't update...

Hope you enjoyed.

XXX

-----