20 | Incarcerous

╷〢╷〢╷

C H A P T E R  T W E N T Y | Incarcerous

spell. freezing spell.

╷〢╷〢╷

FOR MORE THAN A MONTH, DRACO HAS BEEN MISSING.

McGonagall hadn't even thought to tell her that he had left Hogwarts - demanded his diploma and everything - until she brought in a recruit to fill the now-empty Head Boy position two weeks into his hiatus. Blaise has been a great replacement, but she never even got to explain the pregnancy to him. She wasn't even sure if he assumed the child was his, or someone else's, and she also didn't know which was more of a burden on him. Certainly their relationship has morphed into something completely unexpected, but she didn't believe he'd actually cared about her.

Casual -

Her mind flickers to the conversation in the library. He will be marrying anytime now; he's out of school. The Greengrass girl comes into her mind, as well. Astoria, the youngest of the sisters. That's who he was speaking with on that day. Suddenly, she realizes that if she could just ask her where Draco is, then perhaps she can get some real answers. She must explain everything to him before it is too late.

After waiting outside of the Slytherin common room for nearly two hours, finally one of them is willing to disclose some information about Astoria, a sixth year by the name of Hosannah Bones.

"Last I saw, Tori was talking with some blond guy. Slytherin. Upperclassman. Just a few days ago."

"Draco was here?"

"That's the one. Yeah, and they left together and haven't been back since. I'm not friends with her, so I can't offer much more. I assume she is still with him. Hey, aren't you Hermione Granger?" Her brows knit over her dark eyes as she leans to one side, examining Hermione fully. "When people said you got knocked up, I didn't believe it."

"Well, believe it," she replies, placing her hands on her belly. Hidden beneath her sweater is a bump that has swelled considerably in the last few weeks. She still doesn't know the gender, but she plans on opening the letter with him when she tells him everything.

"What are you going to do?" Her tone is serious, but not harsh.

Hermione has spent the last few weeks thinking about what she will do, ultimately coming down to a few plausible scenarios.

Before she can reply, someone calls her name from down the hall.

"Granger."

Heels click loudly on the dungeon floor as Daphne Greengrass approaches with a flocking of sneering girls, eager for the impending fight.

Hermione can sense the girl's aggression as she stops directly in front of her.

"I've heard whisperings that you're asking around about my sister. She's busy, but you can speak with me. So, what is it?" Her green eyes flash darkly.

"I was only looking for Malfoy. He forgot some of his belongings in the Prefect office that I am sure he will want. I heard that your sister was the last one seen with him."

"She won't be returning to school for another few days, but I would be happy to take Draco's items. I will be seeing both of them tomorrow."

Before she can stop herself, she demands to know why Daphne plans to see the pair the following day.

"Hadn't you heard? My little sister is marrying that mopey prince of darkness in the wedding of the century. So, just give me whatever it is that he left and I'll try to remember to bring it with me." Her thin, manicured hand extends out.

Hermione shakes her head.

"Sorry, I didn't happen to bring any of it with me. I'm sure he won't be concerned with some old books when he has a - when he has a wedding to be worried about." She backs away hurriedly before darting up the stairs, breaking into the main corridor. After reaching the doors, she sprints down to Hogsmeade, where she DisApparates to Malfoy Manor, terrified that she is already too late.

☽✧☾

IF YOU ENJOYED THIS CHAPTER. . .

Please remember to vote, comment, and share.