75

Twenty minutes later, Kae's cell phone vibrated with an incoming call, jolting her awake

Twenty minutes later, Kae's cell phone vibrated with an incoming call, jolting her awake. She had fallen asleep against Chris's chest as the two of them cuddled on the bluffs, wrapped in several thick, scratchy blankets. They'd been too busy kissing to pay much attention to the sunrise and had dozed off in the dreamy yellow-and-purple dawn. Kae didn't care. She had a feeling there would be more sunrises with Chris in her future.

"Hello?" Kae whispered, not wanting to awaken Chris, who was breathing softly.

"You are not going to believe this!" Alex was practically shrieking. Kae sneaked out from under the blanket and took a few steps away from where Chris was still lying, her burgandy Pumas sliding a little on the dewy grass. "Robyn and Jasmine got caught in Boston. And guess what their punishment is?" Alex paused for half a second, not giving Kae a chance to even guess. "They're splitting them up."

"What do you mean, splitting them up?" Kae asked, not comprehending. "How can they do that when we all..."

"They're making Jasmine move to a different room with me!" Alex was livid. "And you're with Robyn."

Kae was suddenly wide awake. "Can they do that? That's so not fair!" Just when everything was starting to fall into place, Bridgeport was going to split up her and Alex because Jasmine and Robyn had gotten caught? And leave her alone with Robyn, who hated Kae's guts so much she could probably stab a nail file into her heart while she was sleeping and not think twice about it? "It's not possible."

"Well, it's happening," Alex announced bitterly. "Jasmine just filled one of her Louis Vuitton bags with shoes and dragged it down the stairs. I'm supposed to start moving my stuff too. Where the hell are you, by the way?"

Kae smiled for the first time since Alex had called. She glanced over her shoulder and saw Chris sitting up and stretching his long arms over his head, his hair sticking up in a million different directions. One cheek was covered with indentation marks from where he'd fallen asleep on the wool blanket. Kae could feel the dew seeping into her sneakers and the warmth of the morning sun on her face. "I am exactly where I want to be right now."

"Good." She could hear Alex grinning through the phone. "Just come save me soon."

"Something wrong?" Chris's warm, sleepy voice murmured as Kae hung up the phone. She felt her heartbeat quicken and crawled back under the blankets for one last long kiss. So Dean Marymount was messing up their living arrangements. How bad could it be?

10:02 AM

10:02 AM

JasmineSanders: I still can't believe it. Where r u?

RobynFenty: Waiting 4 Kae to come out of hiding.

JasmineSanders: God this is going to be fun!

RobynFenty: Ur crazy.

JasmineSanders: Obviously.

RobynFenty: It's good to have you back Jas.

JasmineSanders: And I'm just getting started...