I felt a hand on my shoulder. A gentle one. "I want you to be Queen, your highness. I want you to be coronated The Most High of this kingdom."

Did he think I wanted to hear this? Because I did not. "Get out. Now."

****
****
******
"You must eat, your highness."

I recognized the voice. The nuisance Lord Calfont. He had managed to come into my room almost every day. I attacked him if I remember correctly one of these days. Unfortunate for me, he was stronger than he looked and did not sustain any injuries.

"I am not hungry," I spat, pushing the tray of food that had been sitting on my bed off. "Leave me be!" I was cold. It was entirely too cold here. My chest ached constantly. The only time I was not cold was when I took a bath in hot water or when Edwin hugged me.

Any other time I was shivering. I could not get used to this absence of warmth. I had many blankets that lay on top of me when I slept. I was always cold.

When I had noticed that no door opened or closed, I looked around, searching for Lord Calfont. He leant against one of my bed post. "Would you like tea?"

"No. Leave. Me."

"I cannot leave you in this state."

"I will call guards for you!"

He disregarded my threat. "Your highness usually I do not like to say this...but you refuse coronation so you are not Queen. They will not listen to you. I will stay here till you agree to eat something."

We sat in silence for the next hour. He would not move! Or speak to me, and I certainly would not speak to him. Instead he hummed. Hummed and tapped his fingers on the bed post, annoying me.

"Bread."

He turned his head slightly. "Excuse me, your highness?"

"Bread! Bread and tea I will eat then you will leave me alone!"

**
***
****

"There are many beast and human marriages that have taken place...over the course of your absence, my Queen. Many of the lycan soldiers while stationed here have found wives."

Lord Calfont stood at the edge of my bed, leaning against a post. He has come to my room everyday. Speaking with me about issues. Forcing me to give my opinions. It has been weeks...maybe months.

He spoke a lot...for a man who's father was so quiet. "I am not your Queen, William...how many marriages?" I refused to be coronated Queen. I could not do it.

"About one hundred and ten."

William has told me that most of...the Beasts have left our territory. They come from time to time to check on our progress... When they arrive they come to the castle and speak with William. They give him letters that Chelsea has written me. I have a pile of them from her and the Queen of the Dragons....I have not opened any of them.

"Do you think the women...are being mistreated?"

Silence. I looked up to see him thinking. A hand going to his chin. "The hate in my heart wants to say yes...but as we went around villages numbering them...many of them seemed happy. A handful were maybe not."

If this were Everton he would have told me yes. That they all needed to perish....all die. "I will meet with the women."

"All of them?"

"All of them. See if they are being..abused. If they are we will break their marriage apart," I told him as he nodded his head slowly, giving me an odd look. "What is it?"

A slight smile came upon his features, "How will you meet with one hundred and ten women from your bed?"

I did not answer him. Instead I just watched him carefully. He never looked fully at me. Always had his back towards me, glancing at me every now and then. He was respecting me since we were in my room. Alone.

"Do you have a wife, Calfont?"

"....I did. She left me once she found out I was sterile."

"I see."

The next few minutes were spent in silence. He often opened the curtains letting light filter in, before he leans against the bed post once more. "Your highness?"

"Yes?"

"Forgive me...if I speak out of turn...but will we ever avenge our parents? Our kingdom...will you ever attempt at bringing back your son? We may be weak but I assure you our men are stronger then before...if that is what you wish," he explained to me.

I was quiet for far to long. So long that he had fully turned around to look in my eyes. I had thought about this every second of the day. It consumed my thoughts. "Leave, Calfont."

"My Queen I did not mean to offend you-"

"-I will see you tomorrow Lord Calfont. Leave."

He left.
I ate my dinner.
And like most nights I soaked my bedding in tears.

**
***
****
*****
And that's that.
Any thoughts, prayers, concerns?

FYI I went to a catholic high school so my one teacher would say that every class lol

Hope you all enjoyed!