Mate

"Mommy! Mommy! Can you tell me the story of how you and daddy met again?" I pleaded towards my mother.

"But I've told you it many times before sweetie." She laughed at me while I gave her the best puppy eyes I could muster. 

"Fine I'll tell you it again but you have to promise to fall asleep afterwards okay?"

"Yes mommy!" I loved hearing how my mother and father met. It was always my favorite bedtime story. 

"So once upon a time I was an awkward anti-social wolf that didn't go out too much but on this particular day my friends had begged me, and forced me, to go to this huge graduation party that our pack at the time was throwing. I remember how out of place I felt and how badly I wanted to go home but suddenly that all changed. All of the sudden I smelt the most amazing smell in the world and I turned to look for the smell only to come eye to eye with the most spectacular pair of blue eyes. It was your father and it felt like magic he gave me a feeling that I had never experienced before. That's the thing about soul-mates honey they'll always make you feel like you're on top of the world and you'll always want to be with them and make them happy. It's something that only us wolves will ever understand. I can't wait for the day that you enjoy this out of world experience when you're older honey." She said while giving me a kiss on my forehead. 

"Aw man did I miss the story?" Said my father while entering the room.

"Daddy!" I screamed. He came toward us and gave my mother a kiss and ruffled my hair. 

"Yes you did and now it's time for Grace to go to bed." She said while tucking me into the blankets. 

"Goodnight sweetie." Said my father.

"We love you." Said my mother.

"I love you too." 

"Wake up stupid bitch!" Was the oh so lovely wake up call I got before I felt something cold fall on my skin. I sat up in a quick motion and was greeted to a cold hard slap to my face. I should've figured that was only a dream there's no way that they're still alive. 

"Hurry up and make breakfast you fat ugly whore!" Spat Chloe, aka the pack's slut and queen bee of school. After being satisfied with what she had done to me she exited my so called room giggling to herself. 

Man I hate her. Said Sky my wolf.

Me too she's probably the worse out of  everyone here.  

After she left I looked at the picture of my family back when they were alive and I was happy. Oh right sorry to introduce myself my name's Grace Winters. And in my pack, the Moonbeam, I am considered the lowest ranking member of the pack. It all started when my parents, the pack's doctors, died two years ago during our road trip. We got in a crash and I was the only one who survived.  At the news of my survival and their deaths many blamed me for their passing. Many mourned the death of my parents as they were loved throughout the pack. Since many believed that I was the cause of their death, I was isolated at the age of fourteen when the Alpha decided to make me the omega of the pack as punishment for "letting" my parents die.  

Shaking my head I got myself out of those depressing thoughts before starting my daily routine of taking a cold shower and throwing on some rags that can barely be described as clothes. I quickly headed downstairs to begin to make breakfast just like I do every morning while getting assaulted by foul words that make me feel nauseous and worthless. Once I reach the kitchen  I make enough breakfast to feed the entire pack and make a small portion for myself and quickly eat it before I get punished for not waiting to eat the scraps. After the pack finished eating I had to make sure I cleaned all their mess before they all left to school.