jealously

Suggested to me by ilovedolphins101 I'm really sorry this took so long. My brain hasn't been cooperating lately

*Ezra's POV*

I know I shouldn't be feeling this way, but I can't stop the bubbling frustration in my stomach. Every time I see him I get angry. We recently went on a mission to help aid a village that had been attacked by scavengers. The lone survivor was a single, blue skinned, Twe'lik boy called Zuka. Considering he and Hera were the same race of specie, they got along really well. That didn't bode well with me. I constantly found the two sitting in the cockpit of the Ghost, talking and laughing together about jokes only they understood. I tried to act like I didn't care, but couldn't suppress the feeling of annoyance that kept rising inside me every time I saw Zuka. 
I knew Zuka wasn't staying very long, he was being temporarily kept on the Ghost until they could go to Ryloth. There he would be dropped off and I would never have to deal with him again. I sometimes surprised myself with the dark thoughts I had. Don't get me wrong, Zuka isn't bad. He's sweet and a little timid unless he's around Hera, but that's my problem. Hera is like my mother figure. Seeing her care for another child other than me or Sabine was difficult. I didn't want to be...jealous. The word left a bad taste in my mouth, like it was poison. I hated that word, more than I disliked Zuka. I didn't want to admit I was...ugh...jealous. But sometimes, you can't ignore the truth.
_________________________________

*Hera's POV*

I've noticed Ezra's been acting off lately. He's been strange ever since we found Zuka. I always wondered, but never got the chance to ask him. He'd been avoiding me lately and I haven't the slightest clue why.
The Ghost pulled out of hyperspace above the sandy planet of Ryloth. Zuka sat opposite me in the co pilots chair.

"This is your home planet?" He asked.

"Yes it is" I replied piloting the Ghost down to the surface.

The ship broke through the clouds to reveal the golden brown plains of dirt and sand. Trees stood tall and incredible structures stood proudly in the sunlight.

"Wow" Zuka stared making me smile.

The boy seemed completely shocked with the landscape but then and again, he lived on a cold and raining planet before. The sun and humid heat must've been breathtaking for the boy. The Ghost traveled to the Tan Profits where I grew up. The ship landed on the earth and the ramp lowered. The Ghost Crew stepped out with Zuka who was taking in the scenery.

"There's Numa" Sabine pointed to where the green Twe'lik approached.

"Hello rebels" she said when she reached them.

"Hello Numa" I greeted.

"Where is the child?" Numa asked.

I looked behind me where Zuka was hiding. 

"Come on out, Zuka, it's okay, I promise."

The young Twe'lik hesitantly stepped out from behind me and gazed up at Numa. 

"Hello there" Numa smiled gently.

Zuka smiled back and glanced up at me and I gave him a nod.

"Go on" I said.

Zuka stepped away from me and over to Numa. The Twe'lik picked him up and looked over to the crew.

"Thank you again for bringing him here."

"No problem at all Numa, but we have to go now. We agreed with Commander Sato we'd be back before nightfall" I told her.

Numa nodded and Zuka waved.

"Bye bye" he said.

I smiled softly and grasped his small hand.

"Hopefully we'll see each other again, Zuka" I told him.

The boy smiled and nodded.

"I'd like that."

I walked back to my ship with the others and closed the ramp. Heading up to the cockpit, I noticed Ezra head for the nose gun. I'll talk to him after we jump into hyperspace.
_________________________________

*Ezra's POV*

Well, that's that. Zuka's gone and now everything can be back to normal. However, something Hera had said lingered in the back of my mind; hopefully we'll see each other again, Zuka.
I don't know why, but I didn't like the sound of meeting that kid again. Why did I not trust him? Was I afraid for him to join the crew? Was I afraid to lose Hera to him? No. It was because I was afraid of being replaced. I'd been living with the Ghost Crew for over a year and have grown fond of them. They're my family. What if I did lose them? What if I was replaced by Zuka? Everyone seemed to like him.
I didn't even realize we'd jumped to hyperspace, and even less noticed that I was no longer alone. Hera stood in the doorway of the nose gun but I didn't acknowledge her presence. I was too caught up in my thoughts.
_________________________________

*Hera's POV*

Ezra must've not heard me come in. He sat in the chair of the nose gun, back to me and still. I didn't want to startle the teen and hesitantly drummed my fingers against the wall. Ezra jumped slightly and looked round in surprise.

"Hera!" He exclaimed.

"I-I didn't hear you come in."

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to startle you" I apologized.

"It's fine" Ezra replied.

We gazed at each other for another moment or two before Ezra started to look uncomfortable.

"So, you want to tell me what's going on?" I asked.

Ezra looked at me in confusion.

"What?" He asked.

"You haven't been yourself ever since we found Zuka. And don't say you're fine, I know you better than that Ezra" Hera added when she saw the boy open his mouth to reply.

Ezra sighed quietly and looked back out to the blue and white streaks of hyperspace. He hesitated before replying.

"Is Zuka going to replace me?"

His voice was timid and nervous and I felt my eyes widen at the boy's words.
_________________________________

*Ezra's POV*

I felt so childish and ashamed of my words. They sounded ridiculous coming out of my mouth but I needed to know.

"Oh Ezra" I heard Hera say.

Suddenly, arms were around me, holding me close. I was so surprised that I froze, staring at the wall in shock. Hera ran her fingers through my hair as she hugged me.

"We'd never, ever replace you. You're part of this crew, this family. And you always will be. I'm sorry you felt this way" Hera said gently.

My bottom lip trembled slightly as tears pricked my eyes. I didn't want to cry. I hated crying, but right now, it felt okay. I put my own arms around Hera and pressed my face into her shoulder, taking shallow breathes  as tears rolled down my face. Hera didn't pull away, I knew she wouldn't let me go. Not now. Not ever.

Like she said, I was a part of this family, and familys stick together.

Really sorry on how long this took to come out. Hope this made up for it.
Suggestions are open and appreciated.

Star-Wars-Dragons out 🐉