Comfort

Suggested to me by sleepyyforestt sorry this took so long!

Ezra's POV:

I was outside the Ghost with Kanan doing Jedi training. I was doing my best to do what Kanan was asking of me, but I was struggling. The older Jedi was saying to lift three small rocks at the same time. It may have seemed simple, but I was still new to this. Kanan was starting to get frustrated, I knew it. He was pinching the bridge of his nose as he tried to control himself.

"Ezra, for the last time would you focus?" He said as calmly as he could. 

"It's difficult" I replied.

"If you were concentrating it wouldn't be" Kanan responded.

I felt my anger flicker and crossed my arms. 

"Don't you think I'm trying?" I asked.

"Do or do not" Kanan said.

"There is no..."

"There is no try, I know Kanan" I almost yelled.

"You don't need to continuously pester me about the stuff I already know! It's no wonder why you never completed your training as a Padawan..."

I suddenly felt a sharp, forceful blow smack me across the face. I fell to the ground, hand cupping my stinging cheek. Kanan stared at me, realising what he'd done. His eyes wide and expression shocked at his own actions.

"Ezra...I..." He began, but I didn't want to hear it.

I scrambled to my feet and bolted back to the Ghost, tears filling my eyes. Kanan didn't make a move to follow me, but I didn't care. 
_______________________

My eyes burned as I locked myself in a closet. I didn't want to run into anyone so the closet seemed like the safest place for now. I sank to the ground, pulling my knees up to my chest. My cheek still stung from the hit but that didn't hurt as much as the pain weighing down my chest. I couldn't believe it. Kanan, of all people slapped me. I let out a soft sob, burying my face into my hands. Just then the door swished open and Chopper wheeled in, halting when he saw me on the floor. He beeped at me.

"Go away Chop" I kept my face buried.

The droid beeped indignantly at being told what to do.

"I said go away!" I looked up and glared at him, unthinkingly showing my red and tearstained face.

Chopper backed away before disappearing down the hallway. I buried my head into my hands again and finally let the tears flow.

Hera's POV: 

I was sitting in the cockpit of the Ghost, trying to focus on resetting the Ghost's controls while Sabine and Zeb argued loudly behind me. I was tempted to slam my head into the wall as their bickering flew back and forth. Looking over in my chair, I glared at them.

"Guys, if you're going to argue, go somewhere else" I told them.

The Lasat and Mandalorin didn't hear me and continued to disagree with one another. Chopper wheeled in and beeped at me.

"Not now Chop" I told the droid then raised my voice.

"You two, quit it!"

While this didn't stop the argument, the two rebels lowered their voices to a more tolerable level.

I sighed in relief.

'Better than nothing I suppose' I thought before turning to Chopper.