I noticed that the guards had their hands on their swords...and scoffed. Were they head to kill me? It had been a very, very long year and if he wished it...then so be it. Edwin would be safe...Thorian would be too. That is all that I have asked for, all I have wanted.

I was tired of fighting. I had fought enough for a soldiers entire life...and I also saved his life! I guess that was not enough to for him. He was probably furious that I had actually thought of going through with killing him...and partially stabbing him..

I sunk to my knees and put my head down. Waiting for a sword to come crashing down upon me. Or maybe his hands would be the things to kill me. He would maybe choke me to death while we locked eyes. That is Sirus's style. Not getting a soldier to do it.

"Get up, Esmerelda." I opened one eye...and glanced up. Sirus was now in front of me, and I shook my head. So he would toy with me before my life ended? How typical of him.

He grasped at my shoulders and stood me up. "Look at me, my Queen." I took a shaky breath, before meeting his gaze. "Edwin is in a carriage, along with both of your belongings. The carriage will leave soon..." he told me as his hands grasped at my shoulders almost painfully.

"Where are you sending us, Sirus?" I was prepared for an awful place...I was prepared for him to say maybe a faraway castle where you will spend your days in exile.

"You are going back to your home kingdom."

I watched him closely. Tears gathered in my eyes as my hand connected with his face. "Why torment me so? You know that is a lie, it is utter nonsense! What have I ever done to you...to warrant such...such anger and hate! Such loathing! I could have killed you!" I began to break down into sobs. Sirus was a monster, yes...but for him to lie and say such a thing. A thing that made my heart soar with happiness, it was the ultimate cruelty.

He had to hold me up from the hatred and pain I was feeling. "Esmerelda, you are going back to your home kingdom to rule,"  he said unto my ear as I broke away from him.

Wiping at my face...attempting to see straight. To look at him. Look him in the eyes. "You liar."

"It is true. Correct me if I am wrong," he said as he glanced back at the guards. They were all nodding their head. Giving me slight smiles...

"Why...why would you do such a thing to me?" I questioned, giving him a suspicious and wary look. I did not trust this. Why would he let me go? It made no sense.

He glanced at the few guards and they quickly retreated behind the door, shutting it quickly. "I do not know myself...but I am asking you to go now. Before I change my mind, Esmeralda. You have spared me...you have given me a child...all of what I could ask for. You have given me the best months of my life...even though they were hell for you. I would like to..." he paused. His eyes flashing of the beast. He shook his head, grasping at his hair. "I will repay you for all you have given me. Rule your kingdom, take your brother."

"And Thorian?"

He cleared his throat, the soft loook in his eyes now gone. "He will stay with me."

I let lose a small laugh, wiping at my eyes. "You cannot keep him, Sirus. He is my child." That is why that wench of a wet nurse told me to kiss him goodbye! Why she told me sorry when I complimented her!

"He is mine also. You do not want him. You do not want to raise a beast child in your kingdom. You have Edwin to raise. I have Thorian to raise. Leave, Esmeralda," he told me as I just stared at him in contemplation.